Premium

Country

Indonesia

Device

(iPhone 6, iPad 9.7, Macbook Pro 2018)

Operating System

(iOS 10)

My Question or Issue

Can a spotify user select one particular song, and the song after that would be a random song but similar to that one particular song (may or may not be in my liked song list, hopefully not in my current liked song)? Basically I want to explore other songs that I don't know, similar to the song that I selected. 

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @tioseptiono,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

Unfortunately there isn’t yet a feature for shuffling to a recommended song based on a selected track in a playlist. However, you can feel free to post this idea of yours in the Ideas Exchange of the Spotify Community here. The more votes an Idea gets, the likelier it is that Spotify will implement it; and you can read more about how feedback on Ideas reaches Spotify here.

One currently existing feature on Spotify that you might be interested in, if you haven’t already tried using it, is Radio, which you can read about here. This feature takes you to a playlist of songs that are similar to the song that you selected to “Go to radio” from, and also works based on a selection of an album, artist, or playlist. However, it isn’t guaranteed that the songs recommended in Radio won’t be in the playlist from which you selected a song.

I hope this helps, and let us know if you have any other questions.

Have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @tioseptiono,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

Unfortunately there isn’t yet a feature for shuffling to a recommended song based on a selected track in a playlist. However, you can feel free to post this idea of yours in the Ideas Exchange of the Spotify Community here. The more votes an Idea gets, the likelier it is that Spotify will implement it; and you can read more about how feedback on Ideas reaches Spotify here.

One currently existing feature on Spotify that you might be interested in, if you haven’t already tried using it, is Radio, which you can read about here. This feature takes you to a playlist of songs that are similar to the song that you selected to “Go to radio” from, and also works based on a selection of an album, artist, or playlist. However, it isn’t guaranteed that the songs recommended in Radio won’t be in the playlist from which you selected a song.

I hope this helps, and let us know if you have any other questions.

Have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yeah I think this can kinda works too! Thanks a lot!

Suggested posts