Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle not working for Songs or Daily Mix

Solved!

Shuffle not working for Songs or Daily Mix

Shuffle isn't working on Songs or Daily Mix. Did you discontinue it? I've included a screen shot so you can see the shuffle option is blurred out.  Not happy about this.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Mac Desktop

Operating System

Mac Sierra 10.12

My Question or Issue

Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 11.56.38 AM.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Wait, what do you mean with "My song list no longer shuffles either"? As I said Daily Mix doesn't shuffle anymore (never noticed it used to do it, cause anyway is random songs so I never even thought about it) but you should be able to play on shuffle the songs list from your library! So maybe there's something not working properly, if that is what you meant.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

So happy to know that everything's working again! Enjoy your music and let yourself be surprised by the shuffle mode 🙂

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi @MzLoretta! 🙂 The Daily Mix is already a playlist of random songs you could like (or already like), and they're different everytime you open it. So, the shuffle mode is not available because it wouldn't change much. Hope this helped make things clear for you!

Thank you for your reply. The Daily Mix USED to shuffle.  My song list no longer shuffles either.  This truly sucks.

I'm not happy.

Marked as solution

Wait, what do you mean with "My song list no longer shuffles either"? As I said Daily Mix doesn't shuffle anymore (never noticed it used to do it, cause anyway is random songs so I never even thought about it) but you should be able to play on shuffle the songs list from your library! So maybe there's something not working properly, if that is what you meant.

Yes ... thanks for taking the time to help me.  Now it's working!!  Yay!! I think the interweb bugs broke it temporarily.  Here's a screenshot of the shuffle working properly.  

Thanks again!!

Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 4.34.13 PM.png
Marked as solution

So happy to know that everything's working again! Enjoy your music and let yourself be surprised by the shuffle mode 🙂

Suggested posts