Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle on Big Playlists with Google Home

Shuffle on Big Playlists with Google Home

Not much to say other than that this feature is absolutely broken. Here's the steps to reproduce:

1. Open Spotify app on android
  2. Click on "Devices Available" and connect to my Google Home as the active device
  3. Click a song near the bottom of a playlist with >100 songs (# not fully tested, I'm not a QA engineer for this company lol. My playlist has ~2000 songs.
  4. Look at the queue for the next songs.

For whatever reason, my next song is ALWAYS the very first song on my playlist (which I hate now because Spotify wants to play it every **bleep** time). Then, the songs queued are ONLY shuffled from the first 100 songs in my playlist. My playlist is almost 2k songs! I don't know how many times I can hear "I Luv this **bleep**" followed by "It Ain't Me" before I go absolutely insane.

There is a temporary fix:

1. Start playing on my phone again
  2. Click Shuffle on the playlist view again, it'll shuffle normally
  3. Now connect to my google home again

This will work, but as soon as I click another song I want to listen to, boom, "I Luv this **bleep**" is queued next.

I don't understand how something like this even makes it into a release. Do your devs not write tests? Do you not have QA engineers? This is a HUGE flaw, and makes listening on the Google Home almost unusable. Not that a company of Spotify's size cares, but I've left them a 1-star review until this is fixed. Oh, and I've heard the beginning of "I Luv this **bleep**" 4 **bleep** times while writing this post. If that song makes it onto my Top 100 Songs of 2018, I will be very, very salty.

Please fix this Spotify. I've been with you for like 5 years. I don't want to switch to another service, but if this doesn't get fixed soon, I'd be doing mysself a disservice not to look at alternatives. Oh and there it is, the beginning of "I Luv this **bleep**" for a 5th time.

1 Reply

Hey @ajstar888

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Community to post your feedback.

Problems with shuffling over connect is currently a known issue. I am having this same issue as well when controlling the Spotify playback on my computer from the Spotify mobile app and I understand your frustration.

I have passed this thread on to help look into the issue. Hopefully it will be fixed in a future update.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts