Hottracks4
Music Fan

Guys, please retweet and share this ---> https://goo.gl/qcySNS

This needs to go viral!!!

Highlighted

Re: Shuffle repeats songs too often

dylanky
Regular

And in mid-2018, this issue is back. So frustrating. I create long playlists to keep spotify from repeating too much, but sometimes I don't want o stick to a theme, so when i play my saved collection (which is near the limit btw) it keeps playing the same 50 songs over and over. Mostly these are recently added songs. And guess what, IT STICKS TO THE SAME GENRE AND THEME, JUST WHAT I TRY TO PREVENT. 😠

Highlighted

jfru
Casual Listener

Please fix this Spotify! So annoying. 

Highlighted

traysay8

completley agree! been premium since 2012 with a playist i’ve been building almost just as long. just realizing i’m not hearing about 60% of the playlist, ever, when i hit shuffle. google led me here to confirm i’m not crazy. grrr! 

Highlighted

rednblu
Roadie

Are you trying to get Shuffle to work on your mobile?

Highlighted

GustheOwl
Regular
No, I haven't tried it on a mobile yet. The results I get are on a PC.
Highlighted

rednblu
Roadie

Are you using Mac or Windows?

Highlighted

GustheOwl
Regular
Windows.
Highlighted

rednblu
Roadie

Quality check

To check that your Windows Spotify player is installed correctly, try the following.

* Sort your long playlist by TrackTitle.

* DoubleClick the third track of your playlist to start the play of the third track of your playlist.

* Watch your PlayQueue and turn your shuffle Off and then On and then Off . . . .

* As you watch, does your PlayQueue alternate between [alphabeticalSort] and [random] where the [random] contains TrackNames from both the beginning and end of your playlist?

Highlighted

jfru
Casual Listener
This isn’t a Windows issue. It happens on all platforms. There are over 49 pages of complaints here. Why aren’t you addressing the actual issue. Clearly a bug in Spotify.
SUGGESTED POSTS