Shuffle repeats songs too often

Re: Shuffle repeats songs too often

hmcelroy

i've noticed this and read this thread - and have come up with an observation.  If i add a new ARTIST to my playlist - they won't get played on shuffle, until i manually choose to listen to them.  Once i do that - the artist gets thrown in the mix.  This may just be coincidence - but I added 7 or 8 albums by different artists recently, and only the artists that i had previously listened to came up on shuffle. 

WoozyFieldmouse

aye, shuffle is failing... just so everyone can feel my pain. what I don't understand is why the entire Spotify community is not descending en-masse on this issue.

SofiaMQ
Please please please sort this!!! I have over 1500 songs on my playlist and I listen to the same 100 over and over again, it's so annoying especially as I have spotify on all day long! Please please please!!

jjnoahjames
Casual Listener

I have the same problem. extremly extremly annoying. I have a couple hundred songs and I listen while i play video games, its really annoying when the same 10 songs play over and over again, after I spend so much time adding to my playlist.

please fix this Spotify!

Thanks!

Stranger
Music Fan

The lack of randomization it is totally annoying. I vote for 2 options:

1) Make shuffle play at random as it is supposed to - even if you have >1000 songs

2) create a 'randomize playlist' function to randomize the order of that playlist (sorting by artist/title/album just does not do it.)

Spotify is great - but the player/managementtools  s*ck

If you need idea's on what a player should be (and how to order/catalog music) take a look at MediaMonkey.

jshue63
Music Fan

I too have noticed this annoying glitch. It seems that Spotify repeats and repeats the same songs over and over. They should implement an option to have a playlist shuffled randomly before it even begins playing... Or at least have it where if you click the shuffle button it randomly shuffles the playlist before the songs begin. I thought I was the only one that noticed this...

user-removed
Not applicable
This is so true! I have 1500+ songs in my favourites and I always hear the same songs while I certainly can't have doubles in that list.

jshue63
Music Fan

Seems to have been fixed with latest update. Listened to a playlist at work and not one song repeated...  Unless maybe I got lucky?

Wade
Casual Listener

Can anyone confirm if newest update solved this?

bORNAgn
Regular

No, I don't think the latest update fixed it...I thought I heard a song repeat in a playlist of over 900 tracks, and so I checked the Play Queue "History" and found a song repeated twice within an hour's period of time.

(For the record, my settings are "Shuffle" and "Repeat" both on, which to my knowledge should mean that ALL tracks in the playlist must play once before any can be repeated again.)

SUGGESTED POSTS