Shuffle repeats songs too often

Re: Shuffle repeats songs too often

jshue63
Music Fan

I was always under the impression that REPEAT meant that songs were allowed to be repeated within the same playlist... Maybe Im wrong... 

bORNAgn
Regular

This is possible...I myself had "Repeat" turned off before I saw an earlier post in this forum that suggested what I wrote in my last post, which is when I turned it on. However, the point remains that regardless of whether "Repeat" is turned on or off, songs are repeated at an annoying rate.

jshue63
Music Fan

This is true... I am considering using Rdio until this situation is rectified.

Wade
Casual Listener

here's an idea: i'm posting a link to this thread on spotify's twitter account. if everybody who reads this does the same it will eventually get their attention. this is too big of a problem to go unnoticed for so long. i have an 8 hour playlist that will repeat songs within the same half hour. i love you spotify... but come on

Stranger
Music Fan

I've emailed support@spotify.com and this was their (useless) reaction. No time/date for when this will be resolved. no acknowledgement of the issue, no workaround.

What i DID see is that they where hiring a lot of programmers :)     That soulds like a good idea!  

------- reaction follows --------

Hello,

Thank you for your email. I hope you're well.

I am sorry to hear our shuffle function has been less than random for you! We are listening and want to make Spotify as good as it can be. Your comments will be reviewed and we'll make changes where possible.

In the mean time, if there is anything else we can do to help, please let us know.

All the best

Steph

Spotify Customer Service - Cambridge

user-removed
Not applicable

This is still soooo annoying..
Sitting at my Desktop I can klick the doubled, tripled, whatever song away. But listening to Music with my mobile phone, having no option to switch...
Specially if I'm doing sports ..

So really.. COme on!
EVERY other Player is able to do it right.. Why isn't this faboulous Spotify ??
I mean, I really LOVE this thing!
Not using it for long, but am totally addicted..
Music sounds even better than ripped by CDex :D

yd
Casual Listener

I have the same problem and assumed it was a marketing move to get people to pay for spotify premium. Is this happening to anyone with premiuim?

user-removed
Not applicable

@ yd:
I'm using the spotify premium test version for 30 days

Davidvsqz90
Casual Listener

Please fix this I have a playlist of over 9,000 songs and I should not be hearing or seeing the same artist appear in the play queue every 3rd or 4th song.

ajmorel

Im just replying to support this thread! Because shuffle is broken! I use spotify daily @ work for almost 2 years now. I have been listening to same music day in and day out drives me mad. Needs to get this fixed i cant even remember my other 1000 songs anymore because i never get the chance to listen to them anymore because the shuffle creates the same pattern of music..

Fix this in an instant!!! 

PEACE

SUGGESTED POSTS