Shuffle should not repeat individual songs

Shuffle should not repeat individual songs

pfer
Casual Listener

In a playlist of mine that is more than 6 hours long, shuffle often plays songs twice or three times within 30 minutes.

I know there are a few posts about this already, but there isn't a recent one and this problem still exists.

It is obviously not desirable for a shuffle function to play a single song in a playlist repeatedly. What the user wants is to play the entire playlist in random order with every song played exactly once, just as the meaning of the word "shuffle" would imply.

Spotify, please fix this already. I'm seeing reports about this dating all the way back to 2012. How is still still an issue?

Plan

Family

Country

USA

Device

Macbook Pro late 2013

Operating System

MacOS High Sierra

4 Replies

SoundShots
Composer

Hi pfer!

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community.

Try to play the playlist selecting the shuffle and repeat option (only once, so not the option of repeating the same track) together, as in the screenshot attached. In this way you should be able to play the playlist without repetitions. Once it has played all the songs it will restart from the first one (randomly chosen at the beginning) and it will repeat the same shuffle mix. But if you select a different song it will change the shuffle mix. 

Try and let me know if it works. Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 11.26.55.png

en20

But thats not what I want and I guess OP does not want that as well.  We want ALL songs of the list being played once only. When all of them have been played exactrly once in a randomized fashion. We expect the queue due end so we know we have listened to all the songs and can than select a new playlist.

Alex

Hey folks,

Thanks for your posts.

Currently there is no option that can manually stop shuffle playing the same song multiple times. The shuffle algorithm prioritizes songs which you've listened to more statistically. This is why sometimes it might feel like it's going in loops.

Other users in the Community want to have more advanced shuffle functions. You can check and vote on their ideas here and here.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde

RealCvrlito
Casual Listener

edit: i have better identified my problem and will repost in the proper thread

SUGGESTED POSTS