Premium

Country

USA

Device

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012)

Operating System

10.12.6 (16G29)

My Question or Issue

My sidebar becomes black when opening folders (both main folders & subfolders). See attached GIF. Scrolling reveals the playlists again.

Tried cleaning cache. I've tried reinstalling (both quickly & thouroughly). Tried restarting. Tried safe mode. Tried hardware acceleration on/off.

Tried logging in with another user with like 10 playlists and 2 folders and didn't have the issue.

I don't think the Mac app can handle many folders. This seems like a memory issue maybe.

There is also an occasional issue where entire song rows in a playlist or the play queue will become blank/black until I select or highlight them.

So there are graphics issues in general with the Mac app. I've been having these issues for at least 6 months.

spotify gliitch.gif
1 Reply

Re: Sidebar turns black when opening folders

Hey @travismm,

Thanks for getting in touch with us 🙂

We tried but couldn't reproduce the issue on our end. In case the issue persists after giving these steps a go, you can try removing the emojis from the titles of the folders. Are there any changes?

It's also important to make sure that the OS version of the device is up-to-date.

Keep us posted! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

VerModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations." ―Zig Ziglar
SUGGESTED POSTS