Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sign In With Apple on the Mac app

Solved!

Sign In With Apple on the Mac app

My account is based on Sign in with Apple, but there is no button for that to sign-in on the Mac app. How can I log in?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @idoks

Thanks for your response. 

We checked about this with the relevant department and it seems that this feature hasn't yet been released for all iOS devices. As such features become available on different devices with time, it's possible it isn't yet rolled out for the device you use. However, we're working on making it available on all devices at a later stage.  

Tip: Make sure you don't miss a thing by enabling automatic updates on your device.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

View solution in original post

16 Replies

Hey there @idoks

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

Do you mind sending us a screenshot showing how the login screen looks on your end?

Just attach the image to your next response to us. This way we can take a closer look at the issue. 

We'll look out for your reply. 

Sure 😄

Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 11.52.10 PM.png

Hey @idoks

Thanks for sending us the image. 

Let's first try something. Most common issues can be fixed with a quick reinstall of the app. In some situations however, a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the app might be needed. This way you can start afresh with Spotify on your Mac. 

Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall on the affected device. In case that doesn't do the trick, head to this Spotify Answer for more useful tips. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

I've reinstalled the app. Still the same, there is no option to Sign in with Apple.

Hey @idoks

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

No worries, we won't give up that quickly. It'd be a good idea to log in to your Spotify account on another device just to check if you observe the same. If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available.

We also suggest you check the requirements for signing in with Apple described here, such as two-factor authentication or account linking. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

To comment you here I log in every time throw Safari and it worked. It's the same device in which the app won't give me the SIWA option. My Mac is of course up to date and I have 2factor authentication. It seems to me that the app just doesn't have the option for SIWA, exactly like the iOS app wasn't with the option 2 months ago. How is that possible that in other Macs this option exists and in mine, it's not? Are you sure that the Mac app even supports SIWA?

And sorry for my bad grammar, I'm from Israel so I don't speak English very well 😅

Hey @idoks

Thanks for getting back to us.

Just to be clear, are you experiencing this with the desktop app on your Mac or with the Spotify web player on the Safari browser? Let us know so we can confirm if signing in with Apple is available for the app in question. 

Keep us posted. 

The issue with the SIWA is on the Mac desktop app. I'm browsing throw Safari so I can't use the web player anyway.

Simply reset the password and you will able to do both login with apple and login with password.

When is a desktop version with SIWA will be released?

Marked as solution

Hey @idoks

Thanks for your response. 

We checked about this with the relevant department and it seems that this feature hasn't yet been released for all iOS devices. As such features become available on different devices with time, it's possible it isn't yet rolled out for the device you use. However, we're working on making it available on all devices at a later stage.  

Tip: Make sure you don't miss a thing by enabling automatic updates on your device.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

Thank you very much 🤙🏼

I have the same issue. There is no option in macOS desktop app to sign in with Apple. Looks like desktop development team is just not yet implemented this feature. The only way to log in is resetting the password.

Just want to admit that all that discussion about "iOS devices" was hilarious. Hands down, the support team here is amazing.

Only the issue does NOT occur on an iOS device. The staggered release that you are referring to has clearly happened since both the person reporting this and in my case the iOS device ALREADY HAS the "login with Apple" feature. Reinstalling the app clearly does nothing else but save time and tire out the reporter of the issue.

While I realise that you have nothing else to offer and you cannot say that in the forum, this was a poor save.

You can escalate internally that if they really want to keep a lead with paying clients such as ourselves they could be either more open or produce a consistent experience across platforms or, preferably, both.

Hey @Panzerbjorn and @Captain_Apollo,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with the Community!

Indeed, sign in with Apple is currently being rolled out only for mobile iOS devices. We understand that the difference when this feature is made available for some users and devices might cause some frustration and our tech team is actively working on expanding the availability. In the meantime you can still log in with your email and password. If you're experiencing any differentiates with that, make sure to have a look at the suggestions here

Hope this is helpful but don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

Have a nice day.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

1) Login with appleID from browser and check your email generated by appleID

2) Reset password in your appleID account (with "Forgot password" option)

3) Login with your appleID email and use your password you've just generated

Done!

Suggested posts