Announcements

Sign In With Apple on the Mac app

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Sign In With Apple on the Mac app

Regular

When is a desktop version with SIWA will be released?

Highlighted
Solution!

Hey @idoks

Thanks for your response. 

We checked about this with the relevant department and it seems that this feature hasn't yet been released for all iOS devices. As such features become available on different devices with time, it's possible it isn't yet rolled out for the device you use. However, we're working on making it available on all devices at a later stage.  

Tip: Make sure you don't miss a thing by enabling automatic updates on your device.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

IvanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
“Music is the strongest form of magic.” Marilyn Manson

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Regular
Thank you very much 🤙🏼
Highlighted

Visitor
I have the same issue. There is no option in macOS desktop app to sign in with Apple. Looks like desktop development team is just not yet implemented this feature. The only way to log in is resetting the password.

Just want to admit that all that discussion about "iOS devices" was hilarious. Hands down, the support team here is amazing.
Highlighted

Visitor

Only the issue does NOT occur on an iOS device. The staggered release that you are referring to has clearly happened since both the person reporting this and in my case the iOS device ALREADY HAS the "login with Apple" feature. Reinstalling the app clearly does nothing else but save time and tire out the reporter of the issue.

While I realise that you have nothing else to offer and you cannot say that in the forum, this was a poor save.

You can escalate internally that if they really want to keep a lead with paying clients such as ourselves they could be either more open or produce a consistent experience across platforms or, preferably, both.

Highlighted

Hey @Panzerbjorn and @Captain_Apollo,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with the Community!

Indeed, sign in with Apple is currently being rolled out only for mobile iOS devices. We understand that the difference when this feature is made available for some users and devices might cause some frustration and our tech team is actively working on expanding the availability. In the meantime you can still log in with your email and password. If you're experiencing any differentiates with that, make sure to have a look at the suggestions here

Hope this is helpful but don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

Have a nice day.

MihailModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards
Highlighted

Re: Sign In With Apple on the Mac app, WORKAROUND

1) Login with appleID from browser and check your email generated by appleID

2) Reset password in your appleID account (with "Forgot password" option)

3) Login with your appleID email and use your password you've just generated

Done!

SUGGESTED POSTS