Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Slow after Mac OS High Sierra update / keyboard isn't working

Slow after Mac OS High Sierra update / keyboard isn't working

It takes forever to load, and when it does...  It takes like 3 minutes to display a search or respond to de buttons.

Multimedia keys aren't working either. Other programs like VLC are fine, it's just Spotify (for me at least)

5 Replies

While I am not having issues with loading times I am finding that my Keyboard keys do not work at all as per the OP.

I also am having problems with the keyboard media keys no longer working with the desktop app. If Spotify is in the foreground the space bar works as a play/pause button, but the play/pause, forward, and back keys on the top row of the keyboard no longer work at all. 

I am finding the interface to be extremely sluggish and laggy as if it is attempting to load things. It is almost unusable at this point.

I have tried clean uninstalling (removing plists and caches) twice and my machine is fully updated, believe that this software is not yet fully compatible with High Sierra, as this issue popped up immediately after updating. My other macbook pro does not have this issue w/ regular Sierra.

p.s. THIS CAPTCHA **bleep** IS FREAKING OUTRAGEOUS. Why do I have to go through so much effort to post for a product I pay for?

I know... I feel like if I was begging for free support on something I found in a lost corner of a blog, instead of something I've been paying for years now.

My Multimedia keys aren't working also. They work for iTunes but don't work anytime when I have Spotify open. I use Spotify all the time and find this incredibly annoying and slow. any suggestions?

Suggested posts