Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Slow as F**k!!!

Slow as F**k!!!

Holy!

The latest iteration of the Spotify Desktop for Mac is painfully slow slow slow... Spotify is basically a specialized internet browser, as every account detail is pulled from their server (except for local files). It literally takes 3-4 minutes to resolve itself to be playable. Every other app on my computer flies open and I can use within seconds (internet enabled or not). Spotify used to be that way until the latest iteration. I've been with Spotify for over 3 years and haven't had a significant issue, but now this sluggishness is making me want to cancel. I don't want to wait 3-4 minutes to listen to a 3-4 minute song... that's ridiculous. Why am I paying for Premium when the app takes so long to load? That's not a premium, that's a deterrent. It seems like a joke.

Please stop making the app bulkier.

As a web developer, this is unacceptable. The web apps I build would never pass bar if they were this slow, and I deal with massive databases spread across many countries with 10 million users plus.

I've traced the packets and it's definitely on your servers end. My packet requests are lightning fast (Fiber)... your servers response time is so sloooooooowwwwww... it's a bit sickening.

Man up and distribute your servers.

I'm going to give your service another month before I go back to Apple Music and their **bleep** poor user interface. Come on... service your premium customer better.

6 Replies

same here!!! the app takes ages to load.I had to go back to Tidal because of this issue and while it loads instantly, the spotify's circle spins on and on and ooonnn.very disturbing.

It's so broken. I don't get it. I turned off Hardware Acceleration to stop it from sucking the life out of the graphics programs I'm working on and it worked for a week or two and now it's back to making the whole computer unusable while it's on. I'm also paying for premium and have spent years building playlists that I'm bummed to walk away from but it's starting to seem like I don't have a choice if I want to listen to music while I'm working. Which I do. It's how I get through the day. Come on Spotify. **bleep**.

This totally describes what has been happening for me also. I thought it was the app or maybe even Apple applying unfair practices to their competitors. I'm getting the feeling that they are not going to fix this, am I right?

I've been trying for 15 minutes to get the album Revolver by the Beatles to load....burning my headphone charge on silence..

I wonder if the problem is confined to certain Macs. I'm not experiencing such a slowdown on a 2012 iMac. Plenty of other bugs, but not that one. After a day of use on the Mac I had to delete the app and support files and reinstall. 

This is pretty much the same state of my Spotify - searching an artist can take minutes. 

If I compare with the webapp it's clearly the Desktop client that has these problems. 

Suggested posts