Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Slow buffering on desktop

Slow buffering on desktop

I've had this problem for a while, and there is just no soloution. So I'll post again. The buffering is too slow on the desktop. 

Songs will take around a minute to a minute and a half to buffer. I have a 30MBS connection, so the connection isn't the problem. The problem is only with the desktop, my moble is fine with wifi. 

Turning off hardware accelaration used to fix it, but with the new build, that option has been removed. 

Any ideas?

6 Replies

hello there,

You can disable hardware acceleration or by clicking View or Edit > Preferences (advanced settings)

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

No you can't. Not since the last update.

Hello again,

With latest version, you can disable hardware acceleration :

1) by clicking View :

disable-hardware.jpg

2) by selecting : Edit > Preferences

disable-hardware-2.jpg 

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

The mac version does not have that feature. 

I've attempted to contact a user on Reddit who self-identified as a developer of Spotify on the desktop app. If I hear back I'll post the responce. 

But again, the hardware accelaration is no longer a feature on the mac build. I appreciate your help, but please stop trying that fix, because it isn't an option. 

So the guy on Reddit will not answer, and it looks like no one here has an answer. Guess I'll just have to wait till Apple releases their streaming platform. 

Really thanks for nothing.

I honestly think it may be a processor optimization issue either with OS X deciding to put Spotify to sleep, or Spotify needs to change the code to make sure it get's more processor juice when you have the program tabbed out for a long period of time. We could have different issues, but my case is that after 5-15 minutes of listening it starts behaving like it is having a really hard time buffering. The second I open (bring to focus) Spotify, it pretends nothing was ever wrong and plays as though the whole song was buffered all along. 
Thoughts?

Suggested posts