Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Slow load time on Mac desktop app RENEWED

Slow load time on Mac desktop app RENEWED

It's been around 8 months since I've made this post and the suggested sollution of clearing my cache does not work. I believe it us up to Spotify to finally step up and deliver and update their desktop app for loyal customers who keep getting ignored. I am truly considering cancelling my membership if nothing changes soon I insist some of you do the same as it could likely be the only thing to get Spotify's attention. I love this app I'd like to contintue and use it but not if it becomes a hastle and a task. 

The Spotify app on my Mac has been noticeably slowing down when searching for anything or just switching between playlist. When typing in the search box very rarely does anything load anymore and when I click on the browse tab or any other tab it often comes up completely blank.  Yes, I've tried restarting the app and my laptop and yes, I've uninstalled and reinstalled. Will Spotify ever make their desktop app as functional as their mobile version? I've been waiting to be able to search/listen for podcast without having to do it from my mobile and doing the device switch. 

9 Replies

Yeah, the Mac client continues to amaze and dazzle with it's horrible load times, response times, just doing anything. I've removed caches, even wrote scripts to automate it, and somehow Spotify manages to find it's way back to being slower than molasses. I'd reinstall, but this basically works for a day. Not worth it anymore. I'm considering alternatives again. The mobile app never got the long promised "driving mode". The desktop app defaults to repeat track (who the **bleep** thought that was a desirable default behavior?). No Mac EQ. I really don't know what this company does. They muscled their way to the top, and then said, "Ok. We're done."

Yeah, running the spotify app is an excercise in patience. Over the last few weeks I've moved toward playing spotify out of the browser more and that works speedier than the native app.

I'd consider it a reliable workaround if not for the fact that my pause/skip buttons on my keyboard don't work with the browser player.

This drives me absolutely crazy.  It makes Spotify almost unusable from my laptop, I am having to use the browser but I shouldn't have to use a workaround when I'm spending £120 a year for a service...  Really hope they listen to us this time... 

I have the same problem. I've tried the different suggestions on different posts about the same issue. The fixes don't solve the problem for more than an hour or so. This is terrible. It's been going on for over a year but seems to have worsened recently. Hopefully Spotify will fix this or someone else will come up with a similar music app that actually works reliably.

Yes, I've had this same problem about 8 months as well. Very annoying. Sometimes when it actually loads the playlist or band page it still won't play some of the songs or it takes also time to process the commands. 

Phone app and web page works better but I still have some problems with those as well. Sometimes it just starts playing music on its own, or pausing it without reason. Or sometimes it just goes on to some random playlist that I've listened weeks ago.

I hate to pay every month for something that is this broken. 😞

What kind of scripts? Mind sharing?

Im considering cancelling the subscription as well.. Its been a long time waiting for no solution. And im paying for a service that really seems to disregard the user experience.. if im getting to work, opening the app, i expect it to load imediatly and not after a half an hour.. It pisses me off.

So, Spotify, ill give you this month. and then unsubscribe the poor service.

Guess what? there are other platforms to use.

Yo tambien estoy desesperado con esta situcion del Spotify LENTO!!!!! es una aplicacion de mierda que solo estoy pagando a lo **bleep**, espero se solucione esto, tambien tengo los mismos problemas de los usuarios anteriores, por favor hagan una solucion, o minimo diganos que chingados hacer para que esto no este sucediendo, ya desinstale programas y optimice mi MAC pero aun asi sigue igual esta chingadera **bleep**spotify

This problem has been going on for way too long......I think the time has come for my subscription to stop.....no point in paying money to a company that doesn't care or can't be bothered to fix the problem.  

The reason we use Apple products are becacuse they just work so what is the point in using something that doesn't!!

Suggested posts