Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Smallest window size is too large when using low resolution

Solved!

Smallest window size is too large when using low resolution

Premium

Macbook Pro M1 13 inch

I need to make my screen bigger because I have a hard time seeing small things. 

ctrlb_0-1623785134603.jpeg

When I do, however, Spotify cannot be resized enough to not hang out at the bottom of the screen, behind my task bar. Essentially, the minimum size is not minimum enough. I tried resizing in a larger resolution and this is the smallest it goes.

ctrlb_1-1623785539274.jpeg

Please fix this accessibility issue.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @ctrlb,

Thanks for the requested info.

We've made the report and we'll keep you posted on any new developments here 🙂

In the meantime - the Community is always here for you if there's anything else. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey @ctrlb,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with the Community.

We really appreciate your feedback and will take it into account when moving forward. We also encourage you to post an idea about this accessibility remark on our Exchange. The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea. You can find more info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange in this Spotify Answer.

Hope this helps. The Community is here for you if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator

We really appreciate your feedback and will take it into account when moving forward.

Thank you, that will be very appreciated.

> The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea. 

Perhaps this is just a templated answer, but it seems pretty inappropriate to ask your users to beg for accessibility.

Hey @ctrlb,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We want to reassure you once more that we take accessibility feedback very seriously and will make sure that your report is taken into consideration, regardless whether or not you decide to post an idea. We apologize if this has caused any confusion.  An idea would however allow us to more accurately determine how many people also share the same accessibly concerns that you have and gather all feedback in one place. We would then use the idea thread to communicate all updates on the matter, as soon as there are any.

Once again, thank you for pointing out how we could improve the user experience. The Community is always one reply away 🙂

Mihail Moderator

Hey @ctrlb,

Just jumping back in the thread to clarify something.

We were in the process of filing your report to the relevant team when we noticed that you haven't specified the resolution at which the issue appears. Could you please share after which point the scaling becomes problematic? Once we have that info, we'll happily take this up with the right folks.

Keep us posted, we'll be keeping an eye out for your reply.

Mihail Moderator

Thank you very much for the follow up and filing an issue!

The problem occurs when I change the resolution to "Larger Text". While I haven't been able to confirm for sure, I believe it is 1280x800. This ia 13 inch Macbook Pro M1
Marked as solution

Hey @ctrlb,

Thanks for the requested info.

We've made the report and we'll keep you posted on any new developments here 🙂

In the meantime - the Community is always here for you if there's anything else. 

Mihail Moderator

Hello, is this ignored? It's an accessibility issue, so it's obvious that not many people have this problem. It literally takes seconds to decrease the minimum window size. My concern is actually the shrink limitation on the width, not the height. Spotify occupies over 1/3 of my screen width, although I have zoomed out the UI massively, so there shouldn't be any problems with the UI.

You should actually have an option to remove those limitations entirely. Stop trying to know the best for the user, I need Spotify to be smaller on my screen. Please.

Suggested posts