NEXT STEP

Some songs don't play.

Some songs don't play.

Plan: Free

Australia

Macbook Air 2018

Operating System

iOS

Some song's don't play and are instead replaced with a black cd image. It appens on quite a few songs and almost everything thats not in a playlist already. As an example,

Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 8.40.10 pm.pngThis is what appears when I try to play Bounce Out With That (Remix). I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail.

2 Replies

Hello there @kleask10 !

Can you reinstall your app and try the following:

1. Open Finder and, in Finder’s menu bar, select Go > Go to Folder. In the box, type the following location: /private/etc/hosts and press return.
  2. A new Finder window will open and your Mac’s hosts file will be selected. Click and drag it out of the Finder window and drop it on your desktop. 
  3. To open it, simply double-click and it will display the file’s contents in TextEdit.
  4. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address.
  5. If you do find any lines with Spotify, remove them.
  6. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

Hope it helps and let me know how it goes 🙂

This has not worked. I assured that there were no addresses in the hosts file, yet it does not play many songs. There is a weird pattern with the songs it does not let me play. 

It will not let me play any song in the 'Slim Shady LP' that I have not saved in my playlists. However, it will let me play every song in Kendrick Lamar's **bleep**.

It lets me play songs in my friend's playlists. When I add an unavailable song to my playlist, it does not show up on my MacBook. It will show up on my phone and my PS4 however.

Suggested posts