Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Some tracks do not play

Some tracks do not play

I previously hit same issue but reinstall helped, as advised in the previous topic.

However now I hit same issue again. Now it happens on a popular artist, so I guess we can rule out the "obscure" part from the previous topic.

Issue: some tracks do not play. Tracks from same artist but a different album do play. Example of what is not playing:

Nine Inch Nails, everything from "Further Down The Spiral" album.

This is very concerning.

My info:

Plan - premium

Country - US

Device - Macbook Pro 2018

OS - Big Sur 11.0.1

Spotify app - 1.1.48.625.g1c87c7f7

3 Replies

Hey there @yuryzholobov,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

A clean reinstall is a good step to start from, so thanks for trying that already. Just so we're on the same page, make sure to follow the specific steps you'll find here.

You can also try logging out, restarting your device, and logging back in.

If this doesn't do the trick, could you let us know if that happens when using a different connection, like another WiFi network or a mobile hotspot?

We'd also like to know if the same happens in any other devices where you use the app.

Keep us posted. We'll be looking out fr your reply.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Thank you, @CarlosE, for answering.
The issue I'm having is that I do reinstall and it helps, but the problem returns after couple of weeks. I have a Windows desktop sitting on same WiFi connection as my MacBook I'm having problems on. And Spotify on Windows on that desktop does not have this problem.

Hey @yuryzholobov,

Thanks for getting back in touch and for that info.

Just to confirm, was the issue solved this time with the clean reinstall on your MacBook?

If it wasn't, could you give it a try using the web player on your MacBook and let us know if the same happens there?

It's also a good idea to clean the host files - you just need to follow the steps you'll find here.

Let us know how it plays out.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts