Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

something went wrong try reloading the page

something went wrong try reloading the page

I have had this glitch for about a week making me unable to use spotify at all
my spotify is fine on all my other devices logged into this account
we have a premium family subscription
32 Replies

I don't know if this might work for you but.... go to the top left where it says "Spotify" and hover over to where it says "Offline Mode" and select that. If for any reason your app has "Offline Mode" selected, it will not allow you to open it. Thank me later if this works for you! 🙂

Just wanted to drop in and say that disabling my VPN while starting Spotify solved it for me.

One of the first things I tried actually lol.

Like magic, it's working for the last 3 days though, so I guess it was an issue on Spotify's end.

Thanks, I had the problem again after solving it here a few weeks ago.

This time the fix was proxy-off, but then also my internet had switched to a wifi connection i wasn't aware of. I disconnected that, reseated my ethernet and restarted spotify

This is not a solution.  The message is very simple: "Something went wrong. Try reloading the page." Same thing is happening to me, even though I have logged out and back in a rebooted my laptop.

Hi @benena!

You can try clearing the app's preferences by following these steps:

1. Open Finder on your Mac and click Go > Library (if you don't have hidden folders enabled, press the option key first and it should appear).
  2. Go to Application Support > Spotify.
  3. There you'll find a file called prefs, which holds info about the currently logged in account. Simply delete it.
  4. While in the Spotify folder, you'll also find a Users folder. Open it and delete its contents as well.
  5. Restart the Spotify app.

Note that you'll be logged out and your settings will be reset, so you'll have to adjust them again. If you had music downloaded for offline listening, you'll have to re-download it as well. Your library, however, will not be affected, so no worries there.

If possible, try connecting to a different wifi network to see if the issue persists there. You can, for example, create a mobile hotspot from your phone and connect your mac to it.

Let us know how it goes. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yes. i am also getting this.

My Macbook pro went into another network address which does not have internet.

when i open the spotify app to listen to those downloaded music, this page came out.

Set it to OFFLINE mode but this dumb message still pop out.

I can only use the buttons on my touch bar to play the message but that message is really irritating!

Reconnected back to internet to install the app and the same error page came out.

what is the reason for this?

For an app, this is really illogical not to able to open when not connected to internet.

Its is user controlled to be off line. Just pop out once and dont need to repeat the same message again and again.

Offline mode should have a page that shows my downloaded music and NOT this page that keeps on irritating me which this DUMB message.

Reinstall the app, set it back to normal online mode and the message is gone.

But user experience for this app is really 1 out of 10.

Hey @chrischuah!

Could you try the above steps to see if that does the trick? Something else that's worth trying is going to the app's Settings > Proxy Settings and changing the Proxy type to No proxy.

In case the issue persists folks, feel free to send over the following details so we can investigate further:

• Your device's make, model and OS version
  • The version of Spotify you're running
  • All troubleshooting you've done so far

Keep us posted!

YordanModerator

This was the root of the problem for me: 
z0rak_0-1666284639956.png

Something about the way my network is set up at work makes Windows think there's no internet. Windows is wrong, and every other application in the world will just try to connect to a website to see if it works, but Spotify decides "Well, this one Windows API seems to think you don't have access to the internet, probably best to just give up and say 'Something Went Wrong'.."

Anyway, I followed the instructions here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-shows-no-internet-access-but-my-intern...

And now Windows says I do have an internet connection and Spotify just works.

For posterity, in case that `answers.microsoft.com` link goes away, here are the fix instructions:

z0rak_1-1666285050936.png

Please try these steps after creating a System Restore point:

1. Press Windows + R keys.

2. Type regedit, click OK.

3. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NlaSvc\Parameters\Internet.

4. Make sure following values exist in right pane of Internet:

"ActiveDnsProbeContent"="8.8.4.4"

"ActiveDnsProbeContentV6"="2001:4860:4860::8844"

"ActiveDnsProbeHost"="dns.google"

"ActiveDnsProbeHostV6"="dns.google"

"ActiveWebProbeHostV6"="www.msftconnecttest.com"

"EnableActiveProbing"="1"

5. Restart your Computer or disable/enable your connection and reboot your router.

If you need more help with above mentioned steps, check this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3CkXHgj6Ig

Dear Developers,

Just a daily reminder to fix your problems before implementing new features!

Thousands of customers can't use your Windows App and this is an issue that already lasts for months!

And a call for everyone who has this issue to give a 1-star rating on the Windows store to make some more pressure since it seems the devs or their bosses can't work without it 🙂

Cheers

Hi.
I can't find that file and that folder you're talking about. I think that maybe is why I'm using an old macOS version (High Sierra 10.13.6). I've already tried to reinstall the app and to log out, and I've switched off my VPN. What should I do? Thank you.

hello!

I dont have in the application support spotify...

simply did not work for me. please suggest otherwise 

Opening the webplayer on latest chrome browser (yes, i've cleaned the cache) on latest mac: getting this error: 

toni_bitmap_0-1667644254711.png

Please advise how to get music playing.

Im using macbook pro, OS is ventura 13, google chrome Version 107.0.5304.87 (Official Build) (arm64).

The spotify webplayer simply is NOT working.

Please fix this ASAP.

Hey folks,

Thanks for all your replies and for the info shared.

In this case, we'd suggest you try with the following to check if you notice any difference:

1. Open Finder and, in Finder’s menu bar, select Go > Go to Folder. In the box, type the following location: /private/etc/hosts and press return
  2. A new Finder window will open and your Mac’s hosts file will be selected. Click and drag it out of the Finder window and drop it on your desktop
  3. To open it, simply double-click and it will display the file’s contents in TextEdit 
  4. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address
  5. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them
  6. Save your changes and restart Spotify

If the above doesn't do the trick, it'll help us a lot if you send us the following details, so we can investigate this behavior thoroughly:

• Your device's make, model and OS version
  • The exact Spotify version you're running
  • All troubleshooting you've done so far

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

above doesnt work.

device make: macbook pro, M2 2022

OS verion: macOS Ventura, 13.03

Spotify version: whatever is latest in chrome browser. Trying to load https://open.spotify.com/search

All troubleshooting I've done so far: all in this thread and anything I could find online. 

Your turn now! 

Hey @toni_bitmap!

Does this issue occur only when you try to access the Search menu? Does it occur when you open your Home page or when viewing one of your playlists? It's worth trying with another browser to see if the issue persists there. If possible, try logging in to another account (a friend's or a relative's would do) as well.

In case the issue persists, try clearing your DNS cache by following these steps to see if that does the trick:

1. Press CMD+Search and search for Terminal.app
  2. Enter the following command in the terminal: sudo dscacheutil -flushcache; sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder
  3. Now enter your password to confirm.

Let us know how it goes.

YordanModerator

That worked. Thanks!

Suggested posts