Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song Restarting Repeatedly

Song Restarting Repeatedly

I have a Dell Latitute E7450, a MacBook Pro, and a Samsung-SM-G930V. The issue I am about to describe has affected all 3 devices. 

I will be listening to a song, and it will continually revert to the beginning of the song, and usually the beginning of the album, as well. Once it happens once (which is a majority of the time), it will start repeating constantly such that I can maybe only get ~1 second into the song.

This started roughly a month ago. It will occasionally work, but more often than not, the song just starts repeating, so Spotify is currently more or less unusable for me (and I'm a Premium member). 

Anyone have any advice? I've tried rebooting Spotify/computer, reinstalling spotify, etc, and it's not helpling (although, I didn't really expect that to work, since the issue is across multiple devices). I would have already cancelled my subscription and went with one of their competitors, but I have many playlists that I don't want to lose, so I've decided to give troubleshooting one last try. 

1 Reply

Hi.

Can you try a clean installation in safe mode? The solution here is how to do it on Windows, which I guessed you have on your Dell desktop:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/PC-App-won-t-launch-can-t-uninstal...

I'm uncertian on how to do a clean installation on your other devices but it's basically to remove most or all Spotify related files.

Suggested posts