Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song starts playing about 20 seconds in, but track time shows 0:00.

Song starts playing about 20 seconds in, but track time shows 0:00.

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Macbook Pro mid 2014

Operating System

OS 11.5.1

My Question or Issue

Almost every time I start playing something on Spotify, it starts the song at about 20 seconds in even though the track time shows it playing from the beginning. I then have to restart the song and it's fine after that. Crossfade is off. Please help!

3 Replies

Hi @boltzky,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.

We tested this on our side and everything is working fine. Please start by running a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it’s more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any file that might be causing trouble.

If this doesn't work, let us know if this is happening only on your MacBook, or if it also happens on other devices.

Keep us posted. 

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately after a clean reinstall, I'm still having the issue. It doesn't happen on every song, but seems to occur when starting a song for the first time in the day or after not playing for a few hours in the day then selecting something to listen to.

Hi @boltzky,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop. 

Could you try playing music from the Web Player and check if the issue persists? This can help us narrow it down.

Also, please don't forget to mention if this is happening on other devices as well.

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts