Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song title with a time in it adds a base date of 1899-12-31 in front of it.

Solved!

Song title with a time in it adds a base date of 1899-12-31 in front of it.

My Issue:

When a song title has a time in it, a base date of 1899-12-31 is added with the time displayed in 24-hour format. Please see the attached screenshot of Elliot Smith's song "2:45 AM" as an example. The title displays properly in the album tracking listing and in playlists. This appears to be just for the player area/current song.

Plan: Premium

Device: Macbook Pro 2019

Operating System: macOS Catalina 10.15

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 5.35.42 PM.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there, this is a weird one! I'm actually on the exact same setup and not experiencing this issue when I play the song, (awesome song BTW, Elliot Smith is great).

My first suggestion is to try restarting your MacBook, just by clicking the Apple in the top left-hand corner then clicking restart.

If that doesn't work out, and it's bothering you enough, my next suggestion would be to delete and then reinstall the app. Hear's an article about doing a clean reinstall!

Hopefully one of these works for you! Let me know of any updates!

Did this work for you? If so please mark it as the solution. This helps other users find the solutions to their problems in the future!

View solution in original post

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 10.43.55 PM.png
4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there, this is a weird one! I'm actually on the exact same setup and not experiencing this issue when I play the song, (awesome song BTW, Elliot Smith is great).

My first suggestion is to try restarting your MacBook, just by clicking the Apple in the top left-hand corner then clicking restart.

If that doesn't work out, and it's bothering you enough, my next suggestion would be to delete and then reinstall the app. Hear's an article about doing a clean reinstall!

Hopefully one of these works for you! Let me know of any updates!

Did this work for you? If so please mark it as the solution. This helps other users find the solutions to their problems in the future!
Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 10.43.55 PM.png

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Thank you AndrewRobs01 and Loxer,

Looks like a system and app restart fixed it!

Hey! No problem, glad I was able to help!

Suggested posts