Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song won't play after ad

Solved!

Song won't play after ad

The last few days, I've been having an issue.  An ad will always play before the last song on whichever album I'm listening to.  After the ad, Spotify will not play the last song.  It will not play anything, but will be set up to start the album over if I click Play.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Problem solved already. Not sure what happen or the software updated. Thanks Spotify for rectifying the problem. Keep up the great work. Love this 🙂

View solution in original post

128 Replies

@stephenalieber wrote:

The last few days, I've been having an issue.  An ad will always play before the last song on whichever album I'm listening to.  After the ad, Spotify will not play the last song.  It will not play anything, but will be set up to start the album over if I click Play.

have you tried logging out and then back in? that might help.

Hello, @stephenalieber! Have you tried a clean reinstallation of Spotify? To do this you will need to make sure that the following folders (which by default are hidden) are deleted:

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Spotify

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Spotify

Delete the folder and reinstall the desktop client. Once you're back in action, before playing anything go to Edit -> Preferences -> and untick the "Enable Hardware Acceleration" option.

Let me know if this works for you.

I tried uninstalling and re-installing.  That may have helped, but this is still happening, although not on every album.  This seems to have started after getting an update last week.  It's not really a major issue, I guess, more of an annoyance.

same here. the problem's description is very accurate and should be read thorouhgly. it only appears since the last update, so it would have been nice from spotify to include downdate feature, but nobody does and that is accepted as an apology unfortunately. 

to be clear: on every _lp_ or playlist -in oerder to hear the last song of it- _you have to_ (there's no way around it) distinstively doubleklick it because it is _not played automatically_ in succession, as every musicplayer in the world does.

so this is definitely a bug, it's bugging and it's new!

<<SNIP>>

[Edit: Snip-Email(Privacy)-Peter]

Hey guys 🙂 

If you are still having this issue, would you be able to post your:

- Spotify client version (Help > About - Click to copy to clipboard)

- Your Operating System and version. 

The more details we can gather the better! 

Also @estavida - I'm going to hide that email address from the public so a spam bot doesn't pick it up 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Spotify Version 0.9.4.178.g259772ba

The problem is happening for me with version 0.9.4.185.g7545a404

On Mac Pro-10.7.5

restart the spotify application and make sure you have the latest version 0.9.4

I also have the same issue.  I have windows 7 professional sp1 64 bit spotify version 0.9.4.185.g75a404

@ckahn102 wrote:

I also have the same issue.  I have windows 7 professional sp1 64 bit spotify version 0.9.4.185.g75a404

Does this happen everytime you get an advert? 

Peter

Peter

It happens when you have a playlist, and the ad plays before the last song of the playlist. The last song won't be played, and the player will stop, returning to the start of the playlist.

Okay - I'm going to escalate this as a bug since there are multiple reports here. 

Peter

Peter

Thanks for reporting this issue everyone. Before we investigate this further, could I please ask you to confirm the following:

- the advert playing before this happens

- whether this is happening whilst listening to a playlist/album/etc

Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

On my Spotify, I found that after I played a song, an ad came on. (I was not on a playlist simply listing to my favorite artists new cd) when after the ad played, it would not let me play a new song and no ad would come on. Ive logged out to see if it would give me a new ad, but one never playes, neither will it let me play a song. Please help 🙂

I can confirm that while listening to popular tracks of an artist it stops after first ad.

Here's a similar bug: I guess, when playing a playsist, Spotify is set to play certain amount of tracks (lets say 10). When there are two ads played they are treated as tracks, so eventually we will hear 8 tracks + 2 ads and then it stops leaving 2 tracks unplayed.

Version 0.9.4.183.g644e24e0 @ Ubuntu 13.10

Thanks for the details @shrubber 🙂 

I will make sure those are passed over to the Spotify team. 

Peter

Peter

The advertisement playing before this happened was a "Party Playlist" ad from Warner Music, and it happened while listening to a playlist I put together.

I find that whenever there is any ad before the last song on any playlist, whether I created it or not, it will not play the last song but will queue back to the beginning of the playlist.   

Another note to add to this: If I queue a song that is the last song of a playlist, and a commercial plays before it, that song does not play either. The song wasn't the last song in the queue, but it was the last of a particular playlist.

Suggested posts