Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs Missing on Playlists

Songs Missing on Playlists

I'm using the Premium version of Spotify in the USA. I usually build my playlists on my Apple Mac. I currently have over 139 playlists built, of which have always played fine on my Mac, iPhone, iPad & Windows 10 Laptop. I must have less than 10,000 songs, as I've never received a message that I was over limit. 

Recently I noticed that more than 50 of the playlists on the secondary devices (iPad, iPhone, etc) are missing all the songs. I went into "Settings" and un-checked "Hide Unplayable Songs" and they now appear in the playlists but are grayed out and will not play on the secondary IOS Devices AND the Windows 10 machine. THEY DO play just fine on the Apple Mac. I also notice that if I am playing one of the playlists with an issue on the Mac, and try to change the device that I am playing in back on, say the iPad, I get a message on the iPad that says the "Song not Downloaded and that if I own it I need to sync it".  Sync'ing does not seem to work. I CAN switch back to "Play on Mac" and that song works fine. I've tried to log out all devices and rebooting all devices. I've seen other posts with this issue, but no real solutions. Any ideas? 

Free/Premium

Country

USA

Device

(Mac Desktop, iPhone 8, iPad, Windows 10 Laptop)

Operating System

(iOS 13.5.1, Mac OS Sierra, Windows 10,)

My Question or Issue

2 Replies

Hi,

these songs that are unavailable, are those songs that you have purchased or obtained in another way or is it music from the Spotify library?

If my post solved your issue, please accept it as a solution.

Hi Fishtaco. A bit of both. Some of them were exported from my iTunes library, others directly from the Spotify library. The unique thing is that the playlist works fine on the Mac. As an example; Playlist # 10 has 5 songs on it. All 5 songs play fine on Mac. If I pull up Playlist #10 on my iPhone or iPad, the playlist exists but it is empty. No songs. (Until I unchecked "Hide unplayable songs") Then the song is listed, grayed out and will not play. 

Oddly, this worked find for years. Literally years. It just started this a couple of months ago.. 

Suggested posts