Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs Skipping 2019

Songs Skipping 2019

Why do songs keep randomly skipping?

They seem to play for 1:30 then skip to a different song. Really annoying. Just listening to music on YouTube instead. 

Tried restarting the Spotify app, and my internet. No Luck. 

Plan: Premium

Device: Mac Book Pro 2017 

Operating System: Mojave iOS 10.14.2 

9 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

Iโ€™d also recommend updating to macOS Mojave 10.14.3 ๐Ÿ™‚

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

I'm having the same issue on my iphone and web player song will play for about 30 seconds then skip to the next song.

Same issue. 

macbook pro 10.14.4 most update version ๐Ÿ˜ž 

Removed and re-installed Spotify but still have the same issue. I get 1-3 seconds of a song before it skips to the next one or says it can't play them at all. 

Hey @raulh415 and @McYoda,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

If the devices that you're experiencing this issue on are on the same network, do you mind trying a different network to see if that resolves the issue for you?

If not, let us know and we'll take a closer look.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your replies ๐Ÿ˜‰

After app re-install everything working properly.

I have OS Mojave on my Macbook.

Most recent Spotify version is: v1.1.43.700.g20acee

Note that before I downloaded this version of Spotify I removed Spotify related things such as in Cache, Library, etc.

Hey there @gratefulseth

Helpโ€™s here!

Can you confirm if you still experience this after performing a clean reinstall? We recommend this step since it'll get you the latest Spotify app version with all necessary updates. 

If the issue persists after the clean reinstall, test if you observe the same under a different network. If it works with another connection, it's best to contact the service provider of the original network for more information. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

I did ALL of the steps and reinstalled. STILL SKIPS!!! This happens ONLY
when I use a Google Mini Exterior speaker. It DOES NOT skip when I play
Spotify only on my MAC. But when I move the speaker to the exterior Google
Mini, it Skips 3 or so different songs from the same artist, then starts to
play one, then after 10 or so seconds skips again.

Hey @gratefulseth,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

We're sorry to hear that you're still experiencing issues. Could you try unlinking the Google Home app from your Spotify Account? After that perform a clean reinstall of the Google Home app and link your account anew. This way if the root cause of the problem was a faulty connection with your account, it should get resolved. 

If you need help with reinstalling the Google Home app, you can reach out to their Customer Support team here. In case you need help with linking your Spotify account, you can consult this Support page.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply! Let us know if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts