Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs cutting out mid play

Songs cutting out mid play

Issue has started this morning and has occurred frequently.

Whilst playing track, cuts out and clicking play doesn't restart - I have to click on the track listing and then it restarts (from the beginning).

Not receiving any error messages to indicate what is happening and no reported network issues this end.

How can I establish cause?

51 Replies

I have exactly the same problem. Specifically I am trying to listen to the Sound of Sibelius album, but none of the tracks are played fully. They just stop at mid play, and then the next track starts or tries to start playing. Adding the tracks back to the queue does not help...

...I'm now getting a 106 error showing up but searching the community  for that is almost as useless as searching without an error code.

It appears to be some vague connection issue (I'd already assumed that was the case).

As far as i can see the general advice is to wait a couple of hours and then if not resolved report it via the support form.

Alternatively I could put it in offline mode and download locally but that's a work around, doesn't solve the issue and also assumes that I'm not already using offline mode on 3 other devices (which I am).

Same problem here, I've restarted Spotify several times but each time the song stops halfway through and often skips to another song without me pressing anything. Also the first couple of times the album artwork was not loading, and tracks were taking a long time to load.

After I couldn't get it to work I put Spotify in Offline mode and so far offline songs have been working.

This is occuring on OSX Mountain Lion. I have Spotify up to date. The version is apparently 0.9.6.72.

Having some problem as original post. Songs just stop playing for no reason.

Have anyone here tried a clean reinstallation ?

If you press CTRL+ALT+Home are there any error message in the console?

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Check album availability here

Thanks for sending this our way. Please let us know if this continues after logging out and back in now.

Check out how we're doing: @SpotifyStatus

Did this help? Please click 'Accept as Solution'.

This has been happening for me the past few days too. Sometimes I can get it to cut back in by skipping around but the audio only stays for a few seconds. I've done a clean install and it doesn't help.

Same for me. It only began a couple of days ago so I updated the spotify app and there was no change. The audio will cut out around halfway through a song and yet the app appears to still be playing it. Audio will come back if you skip around a couple of seconds or pick another song but it will then cut out again a little over a minute or so after. Is this a different problem than above? I noticed those posts were from around 2 years ago. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Jkane, that is exactly what's happening to me. I usually don't get more than a few seconds of playback before it cuts out. This is ridiculous for a PAID service.

I'm also having this issue. Random silence (during which the track counter continues to tick) for several seconds at a time in the middle of songs. Eventually it recovers, but risks further interruption down the road.

I've tried restarting, reinstalling, pausing or skipping in the track, etc. to no avail. I can stream from Amazon, hear my speakers with local mp3s, so I've done everything I can on my own.

Add me to the list of folks with this issue... Lately, It seems like a new issue pops up every other day on Spotify. What the heck has been going on with quality control?

Millikan (and others), this was solved for me by going to Settings, and under Music Quality, turning off High Quality streaming. 

Not ideal since like you said, it is a paid service, but at least it's a temporary solution. Logging in and out did not work for me, and I haven't tried doing a clean re-install. 

Hope this helps someone!

I am having this exact same issue but it even happens in offline mode.. its really annoying song goes out and then comes back 5 seconds later maybe every 30 seconds or less. 

alexjaymin's solution worked for me fyi. its a temp fix to a bigger issue that needs solved but this will work till its fixed it seems

ok after about an hour it went back to skipping...

Having the same problem. I hope this gets fixed, my music wasn't on high quality before. This happens every day and usually I just give up on listening to Spotify. This isn't what I paid for.

Yesterday, everything was absolutely fine.
This morning, Spotify will not play ANYTHING.

About thirty seconds into whatever I try and listen to, the stream cuts out.  The green bar continues to move and the counter ticks as normal, but it only plays silence.  

I've reinstalled Spotify.
I've cleared my caches.
No joy.

Please help.

@MoralKiosk

Hello:

What System and what Spotify desktop app version are you currently running right now with this issue?

I also have this issue.

I'm using Windows 10 64bits and Spotify player 1.0.13

Suggested posts