Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs cutting out mid play

Songs cutting out mid play

Issue has started this morning and has occurred frequently.

Whilst playing track, cuts out and clicking play doesn't restart - I have to click on the track listing and then it restarts (from the beginning).

Not receiving any error messages to indicate what is happening and no reported network issues this end.

How can I establish cause?

51 Replies

@RHBH

Hello:

Have you tried doing a clean reinstall the Spotify desktop app? Uninstall the Spotify desktop app, also make sure to remove any remaining Spotify folders or files left behind, reboot your system, and then reinstall from the offline installer from here: http://download.spotify.com/SpotifySetup.exe do this and post back your results. Also there is a new Spotify desktop app version rolling out, you might hold out until the update gets to you. In the meantime how do you get on with using the webplayer: https://player.spotify.com/

Yes i performed the steps but the issue persists, the web players works fine.

If I disable High quality stream I don't get this issue, but I pay premium subscription to avoid adds and get high quality, any fix for this?

@RHBH

So let me get this right you have better playback in the Spotify desktop app if you turn off High Quality Streaming correct? Can you go here and do a speed test and see where you are at as far as internet speed? http://www.speedtest.net/

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4659108805

Its like "pieces" of the music don't have audio because I can scroll foward and back and the same parts works with audio and the same parts works without audio, unless I restart the Spotify client, with High quality disabled I don't get this issue.

@RHBH

Hum that is odd, do you have any issue with streaming video. Since you did a clean reinstall. I am not sure where to go, I mean besides checking any third party security software and/or windows firewall I am not sure what could be doing this for you. I can escalate this post for you and see what the Spotify Mods suggest to do next if you would like?

Video stream works ok on YouTube and Netflix in HD resolution, also i did tests w/ firewall and real-time scan from my AV suite off.

I think you can escalate, but its really random, because I just played like 30mins of songs w/o this issue then suddenly started again then I tested the same songs and issue was there.

For now I can use only with High quality stream off.

I say again, i feel like is something related to "cache" because parts of musics have no sound and I know that spotify can use cache to store parts of songs.

@RHBH

Hello:

Got something back can you please try and offline a playlist that you usually have these playback issues from the songs with? How is the playback now in offline mode?

Edited to add: I went ahead and escalated this issue, and the issue is being chased up with the proper team. I will try to keep you up to date when a fix is coming.

Hi, thanks for replying.

The issue doesn't occur with offline playlists, even if I'm not in Offline mode. But I'd like to say that it takes several minutes (10mins+) to sync a small playlists with 5 songs (22mins).

I did a few more tests, seems a buffering issue I was checking my internet traffic and the connection speed to the Spotify servers is very low, arround 15-20KB/s.

But I don't think the issue is on my side as it only affects the Windows client and not the web player or my Android (connected in the same network wifi).

As far I saw some of the spotify servers IP:

So I only use spotify on my PS4, I got it August 21st and from day one it will start to skip like a scratched CD part way through a song then skip it. I don't get any error codes and This is the closest thing I have found that relates to my problem.

Hello,

I experience a similar type of issue every once in a while. I usually end up having to clear any and all Web-Browser Cache on all of my Web-Browsers, then I clear my Web-Browser History, and sometimes I will clear all of the Cookies as well. This usually helps "Speed up" and clear up the problem for me, But it always returns.  One thing I have noticed is that the time of day plays a part in when it happens to me.  During the day when most people are at work and NOT on their Home computers I do not experience this problem as often. But at night that is when I esperience the "issue" a lot! Especially later in the evening when most websites and companies do their "Maintance" of their servers and/or some more of the "gamers" come on-line. 

My thoughts are:

1) It could be a Speed issue somewhere in the line between the user's computer and Spotify's servers.

2) There could be "Interference" caused by another program on the user's computer, which might contribute to some of the issues.

3) I have noticed that right after Spotify "Updates", this Issue happens more frequently and then gradually slows down/eases up. So there might be something there that causes this "Issue" to happen. Whether it is in the Settings, the Cache/amount of memory it uses, or something else.

4) also could be age of computer, phone, or device. or it might be "bad" or "Corrupted" data stream or a problem with the programing either on Spotify's end in their own prorgaming in the way it uses Java or other "language" to access websites, and/or web-browsers, or computers.

Just my observations.

I have Spotify Free with Windows Vista 32 Bit system

@RHBH

Got a little more information back I have been asked to check if you are at work or home, when this happens?

Also have you tried another network? If not, any chance you can try that?

I'm at home, I'll try test with my LTE connection using my phone as router.

Hello everyone,

Just updating what I was experiencing. I limited the Cache Storage to 150 MB from 350 MB and so far No problems, Spotify seems to be faster loading the songs, and generally overall quicker. After limiting the cache to 150MB, depending on how much you use your computer you may have to clear your cache a lot more often than you did before. For me, I am on my computer almost 10 hours a day. So I have to clear the cache every couple hours. 

Can one of the "Moderators" or one of "Helpers" have the "Techs" check and see if limiting the cache size to 150 MB and then clearing the cache more often would help for someone else.   So far it has helped for me. Hope this helps for others havig this problem/issue.

Hey @RHBH,

Welcome to the Community.

Have you had the chance to test it with your LTE connection using your phone as router or any other network?

Please let us know how it goes so we can investigate further. 

Thanks!

I'm having the same problem with my music it isa getting worse .Today it is to the point that I gave up playing it . If they dont fix the problem I;m done with this company.

Having same issue- songs are randomly stopping mid play. I managed to get one started again by skipping back and forwards through it.

Solution for Desktop:

I had issue just occur where volume kept cutting out randomly. I was using webplayer on my desktop. I even tried rebooting browser, and logging off/on. I tried downloading the desktop app, and that fixed my issue. Webplayer is still messing up but app works great.

this didnt help....

I have the same problem and have logged in and out and reinstalled the App. Please help!!!!!!

Suggested posts