Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs cutting out mid play

Songs cutting out mid play

Issue has started this morning and has occurred frequently.

Whilst playing track, cuts out and clicking play doesn't restart - I have to click on the track listing and then it restarts (from the beginning).

Not receiving any error messages to indicate what is happening and no reported network issues this end.

How can I establish cause?

51 Replies

This si happening to me as well. I have logged in and out a few times and reinstalled the App from scratch. I have a iPhone 5SE with the latest software. Please help!!!!!!

I'm not for sure if anyone ever found of solution, and I'm nopt sure if I understand the problem some people are having and if it's exactly the same problem I am also having. To further explain, my problem was when I saved a song to my phone, a few songs would not save completely. An example was "Get U Home" by Shwayze, when I streamed the song over wifi or phone data it would play the full 3:12 song, but if I tried to save the song (which my setting were set to save at highest quality & download using data was shut off) it would only save 1:17 and then the song would change to the next in line. Even when I tried to add a local file of the song it basically wouldn't read the local file and it would go back to the version that was on spotify and still only save it at 1:17. I followed all the troubleshooting steps and even asked for help in a chat room from spotify but I ended up fixing the problem myself later. Basically I turn on "Download using data" and shut off wifi and then had the songs saved using lte data (Kind of sucked because that using data over wifi) but it ultilmately saved the song normal and full. I know some people suggested it was my wifi that was the problem but I know that isn't corrected because I tried to saved the song using many different wifi/peoples routers. And this problem also happened on my 3 of my devices (iPad, Macbook, and iPhone 5s & 7) but only fixed using data on my phone. So in my opinion it's either an apple problem or app bug the guy chatting with me from spotify would admit/confirm anything. Hope this helps!

It's still happening I just got Spotify and this is really annoying please fix.

my Spotify plays some songs fully but the rest cuts out even after I logged out and back in

Same thing is happening to me. Somew songs play all the way through and others partially play the track then skip to the next song. I have tried logging out and then back in - same problem, not always the same song. This is not acceptable for a paid service. Let me know before I am forced to cancel my subscripition. 

Did you try my solutions of adding the songs that only download half the song to a completely separate folder and do not have it saved anywhere else (any other playlist or songs folder) then turn on "download using data" option, then goto playlist with the half songs and click "download" (also don't be connected to wifi at all)

No this happens while it's streaming. Its not always the same songs that are being truncated.

@Yossarian_SA wrote:

I'm also having this issue. Random silence (during which the track counter continues to tick) for several seconds at a time in the middle of songs. Eventually it recovers, but risks further interruption down the road.

I've tried restarting, reinstalling, pausing or skipping in the track, etc. to no avail. I can stream from Amazon, hear my speakers with local mp3s, so I've done everything I can on my own.

For some reason Spotify on my iPad just skips to the next song when the current track gets near the end instead of letting the current track finish, please help 

Mine was doing the same on my phone I just re installed it and it fixed it 

Cheers, I've already done this and it works....:)

This happens to me from my Mac, iPhone and Pixel 2, all while streaming to my Samsung Soundbar. What's the issue here, the app is failing. 

The song will cut out slightly towards the end and that's it. This happens on albums too, the last track will always cut out. When not streaming to the soundbar, fine.

What's going on, how has this been an issue for 5 years!

Suggested posts