Free

Country

Sweden

Device

(Macbook Air, 2016)

Operating System

(MacOS Mojave 10.14.)

My Question or Issue

I reinstalled Spotify because some of the songs won't play. But after the reinstallation, all of my songs from all playlists are gone. And no it's not a different account.

I still have all the songs from all playlists on my phone so it's an issue on the computer.? I had reinstalled Spotify multiple times and I've also shut down my computer after each deletion but nothing seems to work, help! 

Thanks! 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi again @Ysw00 ! 🙂

Sorry to hear it's persisting - I've got another suggestion I hope can get you back on track. Please try the following steps and let me know how it goes!

1. Open Finder and, in Finder’s menu bar, select Go > Go to Folder. In the box, type the following location: /private/etc/hosts and press return.
  2. A new Finder window will open and your Mac’s hosts file will be selected. Click and drag it out of the Finder window and drop it on your desktop. 
  3. To open it, simply double-click and it will display the file’s contents in TextEdit .
  4. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address.
  5. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them
  6. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi @Ysw00 and welcome to the Community! 🙂
Just in case it hasn't been tried - there are a few more steps for the clean reinstall that might help the issue you're experiencing. I've copied them below and hope you find it useful. Feel free to reply if you are still having any trouble.

Have a beautiful day! 🙂

Mac

1. Quit Spotify.
  2. Open Finder then click Go (on the menu bar on the top of the screen). 
  3. Select Library from the drop-down menu that appears (you may need to hold the Alt key if Library isn’t visible).
  4. Open Caches and delete the com.spotify.Client and com.spotify.client.helper folders.
  5. Click the back arrow. 
  6. Open Application Support and delete the Spotify folder.
  7. Hit Command+Shift+G from your OS X desktop to bring out the Go to Folder window.
  8. Enter ~/Library/ to open Library folder.
  9. Enter “Spotify” in the search field, hit “Search: Library” and delete all files that appear:image (6).png

10. Head here while logged in your Spotify account in your browser and click Remove all devices.
  11. Shut down your computer.
  12. Wait a couple minutes and then hit the Power button again to boot your device.
  13. Download and install Spotify.

I've tried all the steps, but it still doesn't work 😞 

I can't listen to any songs at all on Spotify.

Marked as solution

Hi again @Ysw00 ! 🙂

Sorry to hear it's persisting - I've got another suggestion I hope can get you back on track. Please try the following steps and let me know how it goes!

1. Open Finder and, in Finder’s menu bar, select Go > Go to Folder. In the box, type the following location: /private/etc/hosts and press return.
  2. A new Finder window will open and your Mac’s hosts file will be selected. Click and drag it out of the Finder window and drop it on your desktop. 
  3. To open it, simply double-click and it will display the file’s contents in TextEdit .
  4. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address.
  5. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them
  6. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

Thank you very much! This worked! 

That's fantastic! Happy listening! 🙂

Suggested posts