Premium

Country

U.K

Devices

iPhone 7, Xbox One S, Macbook Pro 2017

Operating Systems

iOS 12, Windows 10, macOS Mojave

My Question or Issue

Over the past few days I've noticed that when I go to click on the play button on an album I have saved in the past, nothing will play.

So, I click into the album and it says 'There are no songs from this album in Your Library.' In order to get the songs back in the album, I must hit 'Save'. Wouldn't really be too much of a problem if I didn't already save it. So at the moment, I'm currently going through most of my albums hitting 'Save' again, fun stuff.

I read a thread on here - bearheart7  ‎2017-02-01 10:55 AM- in which they were having a similar issue, and it was labelled 'Not An Issue' due to it being a 'test in order to streamline your collection', however, It has caused quite a bit of stress to be honest.

I've learned that when you save an album now, the songs from it will appear in my 'Songs', which is pretty cool, because now there's a possibility of me to hit shuffle on all of my saved albums... if only they were actually saved and not these ghost placeholders which I have to resave.

This has also ruined the genuinity of the sorting of the albums. I've always had them sorted as recently added, and it has been nice revisiting periods in my life with the albums I had saved. However, now they're jumbled and it's kinda upsetting. 

Is there a solution that will save me from going through hundreds of albums manually?

ThanksIMG_0447.PNG

IMG_0448.PNG

1 Reply

Ok, and for some reason the whole message wasn't posted...

Plan

Premium

Country

U.K

Devices

iPhone 7, Xbox One S, Macbook Pro 2017

Operating Systems

iOS 12, Windows 10, macOS Mojave

My Question or Issue

Over the past few days I've noticed that when I go to click on the play button on an album I have saved in the past, nothing will play.

So, I click into the album and it says 'There are no songs from this album in Your Library.' In order to get the songs back in the album, I must hit 'Save'. Wouldn't really be too much of a problem if I didn't already save it. So at the moment, I'm currently going through most of my albums hitting 'Save' again, fun stuff.

I read a thread on here - bearheart7  ‎2017-02-01 10:55 AM- in which they were having a similar issue, and it was labelled 'Not An Issue' due to it being a 'test in order to streamline your collection', however, It has caused quite a bit of stress to be honest.

I've learned that when you save an album now, the songs from it will appear in my 'Songs', which is pretty cool, because now there's a possibility of me to hit shuffle on all of my saved albums... if only they were actually saved and not these ghost placeholders which I have to resave.

This has also ruined the genuinity of the sorting of the albums. I've always had them sorted as recently added, and it has been nice revisiting periods in my life with the albums I had saved. However, now they're jumbled and it's kinda upsetting. 

Is there a solution that will save me from going through hundreds of albums manually?

ThanksIMG_0447.PNG

IMG_0448.PNG

Suggested posts