Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs not playing since upgrade

Songs not playing since upgrade

Plan: Premium Duo

Device: MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)

Operating System: macOS V11.1 (Just upgraded, was having same problem with V10)

My Question or Issue:

Some tracks which are not shaded do not play when clicked on.

Since the last upgrade a few days ago, this problem started and seems tobe getting worse. For example, I navigate to an album and press the green "PLAY" button. Sometimes the first track plays as usual - but then the second track doesn't play. Clicking on the play icon next to the track name has no effect. The controls are visible at the bottom of the screen - but the timeline doesn't update, it still shows the track length for the first track.

In other cases the first track does not play - either when clicking the play button for the album or the play icon next to the track.

The problem is sporadic. Sometimes a track that would not previously play, will play if I navigate back to that album.

Also another strange effect - if I click "Go to song radio" for a track that will not play, that song will play at the top of the resultant play list.

Thanks

David

1 Reply

Hi @user-removed, 

Welcome to the Community! 

First up, we suggest that you run a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. 

Additionally, could you let us know if the issue happens over 3G/4G, WiFi, or both? Also - can you try using a different connection to see if that makes a difference?

On another note, sending us a screenshot of what you're seeing from your end would come in handy. 

Cheers - Keep us in the loop!

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts