Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs on playlist are not being played.

Songs on playlist are not being played.

I am on the premium plan in the US.  I am on a Macbook Air.  And iOS 10.13.4

I have a playlist on my phone (iPhone 😎 that works fine.  It plays the song that is on the playlist.  No problems there.  When I want to search for a new song, I find the song, and it's the actual song I want when I listen to it. 

Now when I go to my MacBook Air, half of my songs on my playlists don't play the song on the playlist.  It plays some other song, usually with explicit lyrics.  For example, 7/11 by Beyonce plays fine on my phone.  When I am on my computer, the song shows up on the playlist but some other random rap song is played.  When I serach spotify on my computer for the song, I find it.  But when I play the song, it is some other song.  I have tried deleting all the songs from my account, and resaving them and creating a new playlist.   The same thing happens.  

Right now, I can't let my kids use spotify on the computer because I don't trust what song will be played.  

Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreicated.  

1 Reply

Hey, thanks for reaching out.

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstallation of the app. Just follow the steps below:

1. Click Spotify in the menu bar then Quit Spotify.
  2. Open Finder then click Go > Library in the menu bar. (You may need to hold the Alt key if Library isn’t visible).
  3. Open Caches and delete the com.spotify.Client folder.
  4. Click the back arrow.
  5. Open Application Support and delete the Spotify folder.
  6. Download and install Spotify.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest!

Suggested posts