Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs only playing on Chrome (not on macbook) and playlist only showing on Chrome (not macbook)

Solved!

Songs only playing on Chrome (not on macbook) and playlist only showing on Chrome (not macbook)

Hello

Starting from the album 'Guero' by Beck second song .. None of the songs are playable on 'My computer' when I select that as output device;

On 'Web Player' it does play. 

So on Web player I can play the songs and I can add them to a playlist, but again the songs are only visibile in the playlist in the Web Chrome Player ..  not in the Spotifiy app.

What is going on here?

I want to be able to just listen to the songs, both on my spotify app and on Chrome player and that the songs are available in the playlist, despite if I check the chromer player or SPotify app.

I already did a Clean Reinstall of SPotify and nothing changed.

Could someone please help me and let me know what's wrong?

UPDATE: it is actually on the majority of albums that this happens. That I can only play it and hear it on the Web player ...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @filipvanhoute, thanks for writing!

Since the normal moving to trash method is not working, I suggest downloading this free app cleaner.

http://freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/

When you open up the app, click the search icon and search for Spotify and it will automatically find and delete all files on your computer related to Spotify.

After that, download and reinstall Spotify.

Note: after you reinstall make sure to go into the Spotify settings and redo your preferences.

Let me know how it goes!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @filipvanhoute, thanks for writing!

Since the normal moving to trash method is not working, I suggest downloading this free app cleaner.

http://freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/

When you open up the app, click the search icon and search for Spotify and it will automatically find and delete all files on your computer related to Spotify.

After that, download and reinstall Spotify.

Note: after you reinstall make sure to go into the Spotify settings and redo your preferences.

Let me know how it goes!

BittencourtSpotify Star

Bro you are a god!

That worked. Thanks so much, just installed it and deleting the files didn't work but this solution worked.

Thanks so much brother.

You should add me on Facebook my name is Filip Van Houte, I got a present for you !

Hahah, thank you man! I'm glad I could help you 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star

Suggested posts