Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs skipping after 2 seconds/can't find the song to play, have tried all fixes

Songs skipping after 2 seconds/can't find the song to play, have tried all fixes

Premium

Country - Australia

Device

Macbook Air, latest OS, 10.14.5

Like many people on this forum,  I cannot use the desktop app without a song playing for just two seconds then skipping, or it giving me the message that the song cannot be found (the same message many people have received).

I have tried to resolve this issue myself using other peoples' enquiries, and I have already:

• Uninstalled and re-installed Spotify
  • Cleared the local data cache/deleted all contents in the Applications Support folder
  • Updated my MacBook OS to the most current version

These have all been quite time consuming and extreme actions to fix what should be an incredibly simple problem. I can still use Spotify on my phone, which is fine, but for 8 hours a day I rely on the desktop version.

Can someone please provide me a fix that I haven't used yet, or advise when Spotify will fix this?

Screenshot 2019-05-28 at 12.24.02.png
3 Replies

Hey @andr3wthomas.

Thanks for getting in touch!

We are aware of an issue with the app and are currently investigating it. Feel free to contribute in this topic where we gather information from affected users and keep everybody up-to-date. Be sure to comment or subscribe in the topic to get notifications. We'll get this sorted as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Hey Guido, the fix worked last night (which was great) but the problem has now returned the following morning.

Hey @andr3wthomas.

Thanks for getting back to us!

In that case we recommend leaving a comment and hitting +vote in the Ongoing Issue linked in my previous post. You'll be kept up-to-date until a real fix is out.

Sorry for the inconvenience! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts