Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs stop and start constantly.

Songs stop and start constantly.

It's happened a few times, but I've been trying to listen to my studying music and the songs just stop and start, stop and start, every couple of seconds. The stopping is accompanied by a small crackling noise, so it sounds like signal on a radio going in and out, but my internet connection seems to be completely fine.

I've restarted Spotify, changed playlists, disconnected and reconnected to Wifi, restarted my computer. I had the issue a few days ago, but then it was fine the next day, and now it's started doing it again.

Any ideas?

3 Replies

I'm still having this issue. I've checked my internet connection, logged out, updated, restarted spotify and my computer, uninstalled and reinstalled. I don't know why this is happening. The web player works fine. Could you please tell me if there's anything else I can do?

If the web player works it suggests (only suggests) that it is not your internet connection. It may be the cache on the desktop app, you can clear the local cache by following this answer from another post:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/How-to-clear-the-quot-Local-Files-...

I know this seems like overkill but should only take a few minutes and will rule out the cache being an issue.

Hope this helps. 

I cleared the cache, but not with this method. I'll give it a go and
update. Thanks for the suggestion.

Suggested posts