Whenever I try to play a song on spotify the slider sits on 0:00 and nothing plays. This happens with local files too.
A more detailed description, using numbered steps
1. Switched on my computer
2. Started spotify
3. Tried to play a song - nothing happened
4. Checked network connection - network fine
5. Tried other songs including local files - same
6. Tried closing and restarting spotify - same
7. Tried logging out and in again - same
8. Tried restarting my computer - same
9. Tried uninstalling and re-installing spotify - nothing
What I expected to happen
I expected the music to play. It won't.
What actually happened
My Operating System
(From the Apple menu, select About This Mac)
OS X 10.8.4
My Spotify version
My internet provider and country
Do you have any screenshots you can attach to more clearly explain your issue?
I don't think a picture will help
Solved! Go to Solution.
Turns out that my sound drivers were gone. Haha. Whereas everything else appears to be playing with no sound, Spotify just sits on 0:00 without playing.
Sorted out the drivers and everything was fine.