Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs wont start or play - Spotify Premium - 1.0.2.6.g9977a14b

Songs wont start or play - Spotify Premium - 1.0.2.6.g9977a14b

I'm getting really fustrated. I have Spotify Premium and songs are not playing. For example: I start an album first song wil play then the next song will not event start it just sits there doing nothing. I try to pause and play and nothing. I trythe next song with the same issue until another song will acutally play.

Songs are not grey'd out. This is random happens on virtually any artist. 

What the hell is going on?

I even turned music quality down in settings and restarted ... no change. 

Who else is now having this problem. It seemed to have started this week with the update.

Current version:  1.0.2.6.g9977a14b Windows.

6 Replies

Gotta say, having some trouble on Yosemite w/ 1.0.2.6.g9977a14b as well.

Literally, spotify was working great yestderday. But now, songs just freeze on their own when my client is minimized. 

I've got a similar problem where spotify shows that the song is playing but there is no sound.

Driving me crazy. Still no end to this crap. 

I just want to listen to some songs.

I would suggest downgrading to Spotify version 0.9.15.27.   The 1.0.x versions of Spotify are still in beta and contain many bugs but Spotify pushed it out to everyone.

Here is a link that might be helpful.

I know that this thread is old, but I had the same issue today and I found my own solution, that I thought I would share.

Short answer: My hard drive was going to sleep during playback.(Easy fix)

More details and better explanation: I am using spotify version 1.0.65.320.gac7a8e02, although I'm sure this is widespread. I have windows 10 installed on an SSD drive (AKA: no spinning disks), and that is the same drive that spotify is also installed on. All of my local music files, however, are saved on my PC HDD (Hard disk drive with spinning disks). Because this HDD is noisy and I rarely use it, I set to go to sleep after 1 minute of "no use" in Windows, and Spotify was not keeping my hard drive awake. So spotify would load a complete song within seconds to RAM, and then while it is playing the song, it does not access the hard drive. Because spotify saves the song temporarily in my RAM for live playback, the HDD is not in use, and windows may put it to sleep every once and a while. Obviously Spotify has not been programmed to account for this possibility, and does not like the HDD to take a nap.(:

My solution: [This solution will only apply to you if you have windows and spotify on an SSD and your music stored on an HDD, nonetheless you are still wlcome to try and check if this could help, it will not hurt anything.]

In the start menu, search for and click on "power and sleep settings" without quotes. then click "additional power settings" then click "Change plan settings". then click "change advanced power settings". Look for and expand "Hard Disk". then make sure your setting is above at least 10 minutes, and this should be good enough... If it still gives you issues, change it to default -which I think might be something like 30 minutes. Hit apply and close everything and make sure it saves your setting. next step: Happy interuption free listening!

I don't have windows, I have a Chromebook, and it does the same thing! I cant find any answers, this is my last resort. If anyone has any answers, please, please, please say something on this!!!

Suggested posts