Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sorting search results feature no longer available on Mac Desktop.

Sorting search results feature no longer available on Mac Desktop.

Plan

Free/Premium

Operating System

OS X

My Question or Issue

Why can I no longer sort my search results alphabetically either by artist or song name or album?  This was a really useful feature when trying to track down difficult to find tracks or even searching for various covers of a song but it appears to have gone. Is it another case of dumbing down, or some sort of long-running glitch that no-one at spotify wants to fix. I'm using the latest version of High Sierra.

7 Replies

Sorting results is ESSENTIAL!
Please fix this fault asap...
Cheers!

This feature was WIDELY REQUESTED in 2014 and it was added that year. Why would this critical feature get removed? I search in Spotify all the time, and the ability to sort by title or artist is extremely important.

PLEASE GIVE US THE SORTING SEARCH RESULTS FEATURE BACK!

I understand that the Search Results are now configured to load more as you scroll down, and that probably messes up the Sorting, but I would rather have everything load and be able to sort.

Does anyone else prioritize Sorting over loading more results as you scroll?

Re scrolling down - do you not just see more results because you ARE scrolling? i.e. that's a "view" issue? iTunes' decision that 100 results are enough for any search is even more maddening than this Spotify c**k-up, but then I don't expect sense from Apple...
What's Amazon Music like?

I strongly suspect it has all been optimised (ie dumbed down) for IOS usage where such things are not practical on microscopic phone screens.

I use a PC with Windows 10. When I scroll down my search results, the scroll bar jumps as more results are loaded below. Just like searching in Facebook. I'm guessing there is something about having a NOT-fixed amount of results that hinders the Sorting feature, but I hold Sorting as much more important than adding more results as I scroll.

I'd rather move from page to page, as in Amazon shopping results, if the results were sortable. I just don't understand how Spotify think this is acceptable. Are ANY users happy?

Suggested posts