NEXT STEP

Sound stops, can hear only noise while browsing AliExpress

Sound stops, can hear only noise while browsing AliExpress

Device

Mac Pro 5,1

Operating System

MacOS 10.14

My Question or Issue

When browsing AliExpress and clicking on anything like the l/p field, clicking on a message in the message centre, or by choosing a product variation the sound stops, can hear just a faint noise / crackling sound.

As soon as I change tab or close it the sound continues, if I go back to that tab the sound stops again. It happens in Safari 14.1.2 and Firefox 100.0.1, I didn't try in other browsers but I suppose it is the same thing.

I don't know if it happens on some other websites, seems that AliExpress is messing with system sound in some way, maybe trying to spy on us by recording our audio inputs (just half joking here).

3 Replies

Hey @daitarn,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

This is an interesting observation. We can't be sure what is going on with the mentioned site, but could you try clearing the cache and cookies of your browser, then also try an incognito session? Does this happen again?

Also check the permissions of the apps on your browsers, maybe this can help. But also keep in mind, that we're just proposing common sense troubleshooting steps. Have you tried a Chrome browser?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I found the culprit, it was SoundSource from Rogue Amoeba.

Interestingly it does not happen in Chrome or Brave, but it does in Firefox and Safari.

Thank you for your help, I see that others have this problem, maybe suggesting them to quit all third party audio control/enhancement apps.

Will contact the guys from Rogue Amoeba.

Hey there @daitarn,

Thanks for the post and for sharing your findings with the Community.

This will be helpful for other users facing this issue.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts