Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Specific podcast not filtering out "played" episodes

Solved!

Specific podcast not filtering out "played" episodes

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Macbook Pro 15inch 2018

Operating System

Mojave

This is specifically happening on my account for the podcast "Hello from the Magic Tavern." I have listened to episodes 1-41 so far to completion. However, when I filter the view to only show Unplayed Episodes, I can still see episodes 37-41. The progress blue bars are maxed on those, and if I try to continue playing 37, it skips up to where I am on episode 42. There's no way in the app to mark these episodes as done, and they will not vanish from this view.

Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 7.06.40 AM.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @nessthehero! Hope your having a great day!

This may sound simple, but it's often overlooked. Have you tried restarting the Spotify app? And if that doesn't work have you tried shutting down the app, restarting your computer and starting it back up again?

See you!

Merlijn

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @nessthehero! Hope your having a great day!

This may sound simple, but it's often overlooked. Have you tried restarting the Spotify app? And if that doesn't work have you tried shutting down the app, restarting your computer and starting it back up again?

See you!

Merlijn

Yep, restarted my entire computer this morning and restarted the app as well. Still an issue. It's very strange as this is the only podcast I listen to that is affected.

Actually now it seems to be playing those old episodes rather than skipping them, and is now marking those episodes as played. I guess restarting fixed that.

Hey there @nessthehero,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

Glad to hear that restarting did the trick!

If you come across any similar issues in the future, we'd recommend trying a clean reinstall of the app on your device to shake things up. You can find how to do so in this Spotify Answer.

Don't hesitate to give us a shout in the future if there's anything else we can help with 🙂

Have a lovely day!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts