Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify 1.0.2 ALWAYS starts on startup in Yosemite 10.10.3

Solved!

Spotify 1.0.2 ALWAYS starts on startup in Yosemite 10.10.3

I'm on the Yosemite Beta. The latest update to Spotify ALWAYS starts when I log in or restart. Despite the in-app setting clearly checked "no" and nothing listed in the Preference pane under Users- Spotify starts up every time. Figured this should be fixed before Apple gives 10.10.3 to everyone.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

the new version - 1.0.3.1.01 fixed the issue.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Try doing it through the dock. Right click on the Spotify icon, go to Options and uncheck Open at Login.

On the Users panel, try adding Spotify to the list and checking the Hide box beside it. Won't stop it from opening, but will stop it from opening in your face.

Tried that too. It’s not checked. Are you running the Yosemite Beta too?

No, I'm running normal Yosemite. Might be a beta thing then, I had a few sync problems with iTunes with it.

Try the users trick I suggested, it'll at least make it minimized.
Marked as solution

the new version - 1.0.3.1.01 fixed the issue.

Well, then, they broke it again.  I have the most recent version available, and it does the same thing.  Every time I start up, it opens.  I made sure it's not in Startup Items, I clicked "NO" under the Spotify preferences for "open on startup," but every time I start up, Spotify opens.  Worse, every time I open the preferences in Spotify, the "open on startup" option is marked "YES."

So, basically, it's a preference that they won't let you choose.

This is pretty much how viruses work. You uncheck/remove them opening in the startup programs and then when you start up again they're back. Spotify is basically a virus that you allow to run on your machine as far as wanting to exert control over it.

Suggested posts