Premium

Country

Romania/Luxembourg

Device

Macbook Pro 15inch 2017

Operating System

Montery 12.5.1

My Question or Issue

On some WiFi networks whenever I start playing a song in the Spotify Desktop App, my internet connection stops working. It resumes automatically once I quit the app, almost as if it was using all the available bandwidth.

The WiFi speed in the 2 locations I have the issue is not bad, in the lower 40 to upper 90 mbps.
I tried reinstalling the app, selecting different Audio Stream qualities, but to no avail.

Thank you.

4 Replies

Hi @_8l-6wm9hr11v, thanks for writing.

That's odd - can you tell me if it started happening after a specific event? Does it happen with every song, even the downloaded ones?

Have you tried resetting/restarting your wi-fi router?

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi @Bittencourt, sorry for not getting back sooner.

I have tried restarting the router and the mac and also reinstalling Spotify. The behaviour is the same even with the latest mac OS update to Ventura.

I may have the app working for a week and then one morning it happens again. The web player sometimes works and sometimes does the same thing, cancelling out all my bandwidth.

The only viable solution is to play music from my phone to my headphones.

Hey @_8l-6wm9hr11v,

Thank you for keeping in contact. 

I hope you don't mind me jumping in here. This type of case is commonly related to some damaged cache stored on your device. We understand that you've already reinstalled the app, but just to be on the same page, did you followed the steps of the clean reinstall  mentioned in this article?

If so and the issue persists, include in your next response the exact new OS version of your device and the Spotify version you're currently running to continue investigating the case.

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have only cleared the cache from within the Spotify settings and not used the clean install. I will do that and watch for the issue.
Thanks.

Suggested posts