Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Apple Silicon Low Audio Volume Issue

Spotify Apple Silicon Low Audio Volume Issue

Plan

Premium

Country

Indonesia

Device

MacBook Air M1

Operating System

Big Sur

My Question or Issue

Hi I'm using Apple Silicon and I don't know where to post bug issues and I can't find it on Github so I post it here,

I'm running Spotify 1.1.63.488.g27383f12 beta version and found that even I use high-quality or low-quality audio, the sound volume is still low. But if I play Spotify from the open.spotify.com browser, the volume is good. Anyone here got the same issue as me? Thanks before

5 Replies

hey hey @icanq! Thanks for reporting this and welcome to the Community!

The Spotify app for Mac with support for Apple Silicon is still in the beta phase, which means you can still face some issues and bugs while using it. There's a place here where you can report bugs and share feedback about the experience using the new Spotify Beta with support for Apple Silicon.

I hope this was helpful and informative. Let us know if you have you other questions.

Take care! 🙂

MateusMSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you!!

Hey @icanq 

You can try downloading the beta app for M1 Macs that was linked above.

The reason the web player sounds louder than the desktop app is that it does not support audio normalization like the desktop app does. This is turned on by default in the desktop app settings.

You can read more info about audio normalization here and how to tweak the settings: https://support.spotify.com/article/audio-normalization/

I recommend audio normalization left on to "normal" so that all the songs play at the same volume without startling loud songs, but you can always turn it off.

Also make sure the volume slider in the bottom right corner of the Spotify desktop app is turned all the way to the right (up) and that your Mac volume is turned up.

MattSudaSpotify Star

@MattSuda, when the beta for m1 Mac will be released ? 

Hey @effolkronium 

Good news! The M1 Mac app is out now! Check this out for more info:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Implemented-Ideas/Desktop-Add-support-for-Apple-Silicon-ARM64-on-Ma...

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts