Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Bug - offline mode does not allow Spotify to login when setup/backup from another macbook

Solved!

Spotify Bug - offline mode does not allow Spotify to login when setup/backup from another macbook

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Macbook Pro 2017 15-inch

Operating System

macOS Mojave and macOS High Sierra 

My Question or Issue

I recently migrated from one of my Macbooks (which was destroyed in a fire) to my new Macbook Pro.

Tried installing Spotify, however it keeps giving me Error 39 when trying to login using my username and password, or Error 11 when trying to use Facebook.

I have noticed that offline mode is ticked, however I am unable to un-tick it (it is greyed out).

I have tried all of the suggestions in the forums, including:

- try another account

- reinstall macOS

- de-activate all firewalls

- unistalling Norton

- reinstall spotify (>15 times)

- changing hosts on terminal

- upgrading MacOS from High Sierra to Mojave

- changing language

It is my belief the reason for this is because Spotify is set as "offline mode", however I am unable to switch it off.

Might be a spotify bug when installing in a new Mac, when the user has previously set offline mode

Does anyone know if there is a file on spotify that turns "offline mode" off?

Capture d’écran 2018-10-01 à 10.33.13 AM.png

Note: the file I have attached is in French. Mode hor connexion offline mode.

In addition:

- spotify keeps starting when I start the PC, despite it not being setup to start of restart.

Thanks

Capture d’écran 2018-10-01 à 10.33.13 AM.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Found the solution (it was actually easier than thought).

Keep it simple:

https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/troubleshooting/reinstallation-of-spotify

All you have to do is do a proper reinstall of spotify, which involves deleting the  com.spotify.Client folder and Spotify folder in Application Support.

MAC

1. Click Spotify in the menu bar then Quit Spotify.
  2. Open Finder then click Go > Library in the menu bar. (You may need to hold the Alt key if Library isn’t visible).
  3. Open Caches and delete the com.spotify.Client folder.
  4. Click the back arrow.
  5. Open Application Support and delete the Spotify folder.
  6. Download and install Spotify.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @rome3, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Have you tried using the Remove Offline devices and Sign Out Everywhere options from your Spotify account page?

Hope it helps 🙂

SignOut_Everywhere_twitter.png

Hi Loxer,

I have 😞 and it didn't work...

I have an impression this might be a bug.. I am unable to "switch off" offline mode on the MacOS version...

Marked as solution

Found the solution (it was actually easier than thought).

Keep it simple:

https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/troubleshooting/reinstallation-of-spotify

All you have to do is do a proper reinstall of spotify, which involves deleting the  com.spotify.Client folder and Spotify folder in Application Support.

MAC

1. Click Spotify in the menu bar then Quit Spotify.
  2. Open Finder then click Go > Library in the menu bar. (You may need to hold the Alt key if Library isn’t visible).
  3. Open Caches and delete the com.spotify.Client folder.
  4. Click the back arrow.
  5. Open Application Support and delete the Spotify folder.
  6. Download and install Spotify.

Suggested posts