Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Can't Play New Songs

Spotify Can't Play New Songs

My Spotify app on the mac will not play songs that I am newly adding to playlists. I tried a clean reinstall and this did not work. Also, I can't find the Spotify cache folder on the mac, not sure if this is related. Please help ASAP!

10 Replies

Hey @username6702, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Have you tried the steps from this Spotify Answer to see if that helps?

Let me know how that goes 🙂

That didn't work. cmd + o tried to open a terminal window so I did cmd + s instead, which didn't do anything. I tried the other way but I can't edit my hosts document.

Hey @username6702,

Try to move the hosts file to desktop and delete it from there, do the edits and move it back to that folder.

The songs are still not working unfortunately

Hey @username6702,

Sorry to hear that.

Could you try it with another Spotify account?

If possible, try creating a new user account on your Mac and install Spotify there to see if it makes any difference.

Thanks 🙂

Something like this happened a few months ago and all I had to do was go into some folder (I can't remember which one) and delete every line with the word spotify in it

Hey @username6702,

That's what this Spotify Answer suggests to do.

Please follow the steps carefully.

Keep me posted 🙂

I thought the answer just says paste those 2 lines instead of deleting lines. I tried deleting some lines but that hasn't worked anyway, I'm going to try downloading a new spotify again.

At the moment I'm trying to do a fresh, clean reinstall of Spotify but I don't have any Spotify folders in my caches folder to delete.

Hey @username6702,

Could you try to play those songs on the same account but on a different device and see if they work?

Could you also share a screenshot of the error message you get?

If you haven't tried this yet, please try creating a new user account on your Mac and install Spotify there to see if it makes any difference.

Suggested posts