Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect Broken: Randomly Pausing (Yamaha AVR, Gramofon, Panasonic, Samsung and others...)

Spotify Connect Broken: Randomly Pausing (Yamaha AVR, Gramofon, Panasonic, Samsung and others...)

Edited 8 May 2018 (original post below).

On ~3rd May Spotify Connect started randomly pausing (in my case on Yamaha hardware) on a range of devices - rendering their Spotify capbility unusuable.

We've since established that this is a problem affecting lots of devices from lots of manufacturers: which all points to something in the Spotify platform itself being at fault.

We do seem to be getting somewhere with recent reports that Spotify support and manufacturers are looking into this....

What you can do right now:

-Continue to tweet Spotify support if you're experiencing this - let them know the scale of the problem.

-Please continue to add updates to this thread.

-Tag your affected device in your post to associate it with this thread.

-Contact your device manufacturer to let them know.

Original post:

---

Hi,

For the last few days Spotify connect has started randomly pausing when playing on my Yamaha RX-V483 AV receiver. Firrmware version 1.28 and using Spotify connect from OS X, app version 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78 or iOS 8.4.51.696.

Playback on the app itself is fine. The Yamaha unit has a wired LAN connection, and I can observe from the traffic monitor on my router that it just stops streaming audio at random. It has been flawless forever until ~3 May.

On twitter @spotifycares advised me to try logging out and in of all devices, and they also 'reset my offline cache' which didn't help.

Others on twitter seem to be having similar issues, e.g: https://twitter.com/hydroxyde/status/992415130511118337

https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares/status/992696323064418305

The latest response from @spotifycares is that my amplifier 'no longer supports spotify connect'. It's a bit ridiculous if this is the case. I've received no notice from Spotify or Yamaha.

I'd be interested in hearing from other who are experiencing similar problems.

This needs taking up with Spotify/Yamaha if support has been silently dropped!

271 Replies

Strange - There was a Spotify iOS update today but I still have the same ‘no Spotify Connect’ problem with my X-HM82. Have you updated or changed configuration at all?

Perhaps wrongly, I’m still optimistic that Spotify will see the error of their ways and restore the service, but I’m not expecting anything in a hurry. Meanwhile my 2 year old Pioneer is useless for Spotify Connect.

Can I urge Pioneer users to ‘upvote’ this idea if you haven’t already!...

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Connect-Spotify-Connect-on-Pioneer-devices...

Yeah! My Gramofon is also playing nonstop for about 2,5 hours now. Perhaps too soon but I looks like it's working again.

Does anyone know how the connect options works? The app is only needed to set the stream to play on the "spotify-connect-device". But then it should have a direct connection to the Spotify servers I guess?

Excuse my ignorance but what's a hotfix?  Is that a specific thing to.you or have they done a download update?

It's when you deploy a new version of a software, but missed some validation**bleep** happens and you have to correct that as soon as possible, thus the HOT FIX. 🙂

Même problème que toute la communauté qui utilise spotify sur enceintes connectées/ampli.

Le miens est un Yamaha ax v681.

Vu l'ignorance totale de Spotify sur ce problème, je résilie mon abonnement et passe sur Qobuz !

Hi all,

After few days, I've reached @SpotifyCares twitter account to ask about the issue. They've noticed a slight hiccup with my offline cache, and refreshed on their end. After an app reinstall on both macOS & IOS, the issue has been fixed. That means resyncing the offline tunes.... but it worths.

Tested during a couple of hours and it works properly. My Yamaha R-N402 is able to play Spotify with no pauses or interruptions.

I strongly suggest you keep calm, don't give up, and contact @SportifyCares 🙂

Cheers!

Keeps streaming for 2h now.

Yamaha RX-A 1070. YPS 1600. WX 010 and 030. ISX 80.

Seems to be fixed... hope this lasts. 

@BigBance  schrieb:

Vu l'ignorance totale de Spotify sur ce problème, je résilie mon abonnement et passe sur Qobuz !

I tried qobuz. Very nice music in there. BUT: nothing like Spotify connect. With qobuz our device streams. 

The prob seems to be solved. There was an update of Spotify today. I also got updates for MusicCast!

@Jorlin  schrieb:

Seems to be fixed... hope this lasts. 

Agree. Same here.

The newest version on my iPad is 8.4.52 and it is still pausing randomly with my Yamaha RX-V483. I reinstalled Spotify 10 minutes ago, issue is still there.

@Nicker86  schrieb:

The newest version on my iPad is 8.4.52 and it is still pausing randomly with my Yamaha RX-V483. I reinstalled Spotify 10 minutes ago, issue is still there.

Same version here. Running since 1,5 hours

I honestly do not think the updates for the apps have anything to do with it. 

Did the updates this morning on android and there was no difference. Other devices were affected.  So I guess it was some problem of the service on server side

It seems to be solved since the afternoon (MEZ).

@freibeuter wrote:

For me it works again since yesterday. Tested it for hours yesterday and today - not a single pause anymore on my HM82 using Mac and Android App.

Can you clarify please? - When you say “it works again since yesterday” - did you lose service completely on your HM82 (it is on the Spotify list of unsupported products) and it returned? or did you just experience dropouts? 

Could you please give me the list of unsupported devices by Spotify ?
Thank you

@batispotify wrote:

Could you please give me the list of unsupported devices by Spotify ?
Thank you

Listed here: https://support.spotify.com/uk/article/why-cant-i-use-the-spotify-app-on-my-speaker/

Well so far so good. 20 minutes in on my RX-A670 and no drop outs, also proper gapless playback which I’m sure there wasn’t previously. I didn’t realise how much I valued the Spotify Connect functionality until it was gone.... Spotify really does knock spots off the opposition in UI and UX terms.... now can we have something to rival Tidal’s CD quality sometime soon ? But for now I’m just happy to have you back...

Read this part of Italian news:

Spotify ha rimosso il supporto a Spotify Connect su molti prodotti audio. La decisione, annunciata già da tempo ma resa effettiva solo ora, è motivata dalla necessità di modificare la piattaforma per integrare nuove funzioni in arrivo nel prossimo futuro. I prodotti coinvolti sono numerosi. Per alcuni marchi sarà rimosso completamente qualsiasi tipo di supporto:

• Bang & Olufsen
  • Dynaudio
  • Logitech
  • NAD
  • Onkyo
  • Phillips
  • Pioneer
  • Teufel

I possessori di prodotti Denon, Marantz e Yamaha potranno invece continuare ad utilizzare Spotify Connect tramite aggiornamenti firmware. A questo indirizzo si può consultare l'elenco con i prodotti non più compatibili e quelli che verranno aggiornati.

Gli utenti possono ovviamente approntare soluzioni di ripiego, come ad esempio il collegamento di sorgenti esterne (un Chromecast Audio magari) o il ricorso al Bluetooth. É però fuor di dubbio che l'integrazione di Spotify Connect offra un'esperienza ben diversa ed è quindi comprensibile che molti possessori dei prodotti non più supportati siano decisamente scontenti.o

I've changed the DNS servers in the AVR settings but reading the previous posts makes me believe that Spotify solved the issue. I started my playlist with my smartphone to see if it's OK. 5th song and still nothing to say...

All fixed here too! 😃 

Yes, seems to be fixed..

All my Phillips-Boxes (Model SW750M, SW700M and SW100) work properly without pausing since 8 hours now...

No update made on any device.

Suggested posts