Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect Broken: Randomly Pausing (Yamaha AVR, Gramofon, Panasonic, Samsung and others...)

Spotify Connect Broken: Randomly Pausing (Yamaha AVR, Gramofon, Panasonic, Samsung and others...)

Edited 8 May 2018 (original post below).

On ~3rd May Spotify Connect started randomly pausing (in my case on Yamaha hardware) on a range of devices - rendering their Spotify capbility unusuable.

We've since established that this is a problem affecting lots of devices from lots of manufacturers: which all points to something in the Spotify platform itself being at fault.

We do seem to be getting somewhere with recent reports that Spotify support and manufacturers are looking into this....

What you can do right now:

-Continue to tweet Spotify support if you're experiencing this - let them know the scale of the problem.

-Please continue to add updates to this thread.

-Tag your affected device in your post to associate it with this thread.

-Contact your device manufacturer to let them know.

Original post:

---

Hi,

For the last few days Spotify connect has started randomly pausing when playing on my Yamaha RX-V483 AV receiver. Firrmware version 1.28 and using Spotify connect from OS X, app version 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78 or iOS 8.4.51.696.

Playback on the app itself is fine. The Yamaha unit has a wired LAN connection, and I can observe from the traffic monitor on my router that it just stops streaming audio at random. It has been flawless forever until ~3 May.

On twitter @spotifycares advised me to try logging out and in of all devices, and they also 'reset my offline cache' which didn't help.

Others on twitter seem to be having similar issues, e.g: https://twitter.com/hydroxyde/status/992415130511118337

https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares/status/992696323064418305

The latest response from @spotifycares is that my amplifier 'no longer supports spotify connect'. It's a bit ridiculous if this is the case. I've received no notice from Spotify or Yamaha.

I'd be interested in hearing from other who are experiencing similar problems.

This needs taking up with Spotify/Yamaha if support has been silently dropped!

271 Replies

@jorlin,

It’s possible because you don’t stream to your stereo or other music devices from your pc or smartphone, but directly from Spotify’s servers. Your app is just controlling where your music from the server is going to end up.

Even worse here with GGMM M3. Now instead of stop playing, songs play and pause every seconds... Impossible to listen... 😞

Since end of last week, all is fine again here with my Yamaha WXC-50. So, for me, the problem is solved!

Still no improvement on our RXA1060 at work. Nuvo has actually got worse.

Just had a random thought... Windows 10 had a major update around the 3rd May. This broke remote desktop amongst other things. Trouble is Spotify had an update around the same time so could be either or both. Definitely a correllation though.

Thoughts?

Weirdest thing is, my RXS600 at home has not paused/dropped once... Ever.

Go figure...

On my side, like lots of other people here, everything seems to be ok again since end of last week.

Crossing fingers!

@Funkydunks42 wrote:

Windows 10 had a major update around the 3rd May. This broke remote desktop amongst other things. Trouble is Spotify had an update around the same time so could be either or both.

I don't think this has anything to do with Spotify Connect... Your Spotify App on Windows only acts as a controller to start the streaming. Once this is done, the streaming device (Yamaha, Samsung, Pioneer, ... ?) works on its own, with no interaction from the App. You can switch off your computer if you want, the music will continue. And even in this case, the issue could happen. Moreover, it also happenend if the "Spotify Connect" device was started through an Android app, not only Windows.

Well,  we updated our RX-A1060 at work yesterday and all seemed well.

Could be a coincidence if Spotify changed something at the same time though.

Nuvo seems stable at last too. At least on our P3100.

Fingers crossed it stays this way.

Definitely check for any fw updates though guys.

Nuvo app and player at work needed an update this morning. Watch this space...

Anyone else here using Nuvo?

NUvo P100 still dropping connection....

And.... The Yamha is not only pausing but dropping spotify connect...

Still not fixed then...

Re my previous post I note that the Spotify info on this has now changed:

https://support.spotify.com/uk/listen_everywhere/on_speaker/why-cant-i-use-the-spotify-app-on-my-spe...

It now states that the Yamaha speakers are just being updated but a lot of other makes such as certain Pioneer models "custom integration will be competely removed."

Not too sure what this means but my Yamaha now works and I have done nothing.

Hope this helps.

Wx030 user here - just found out there is a firmware update out. 3.07

Just updated it and lets see if this is fixed.

Got an update yesterday for my WXC-50. Streaming works, but spotify app shuts down now permantly.

Got the 2.56 update for my Yamaha RX-V581, hope it'll help.

As of may 18th I have updated my Yamaha R-N402D to version 1.11 and it is now working!

Still playing music without pausing or dropping out on my phantoms. 

My Samsung soundbar is stil stopping with plating music out of nothing. 

No update received yet...

All good with our yamaha now.

Spotify still dropping again on WX-30... gutted

Suggested posts