Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect Broken: Randomly Pausing (Yamaha AVR, Gramofon, Panasonic, Samsung and others...)

Spotify Connect Broken: Randomly Pausing (Yamaha AVR, Gramofon, Panasonic, Samsung and others...)

Edited 8 May 2018 (original post below).

On ~3rd May Spotify Connect started randomly pausing (in my case on Yamaha hardware) on a range of devices - rendering their Spotify capbility unusuable.

We've since established that this is a problem affecting lots of devices from lots of manufacturers: which all points to something in the Spotify platform itself being at fault.

We do seem to be getting somewhere with recent reports that Spotify support and manufacturers are looking into this....

What you can do right now:

-Continue to tweet Spotify support if you're experiencing this - let them know the scale of the problem.

-Please continue to add updates to this thread.

-Tag your affected device in your post to associate it with this thread.

-Contact your device manufacturer to let them know.

Original post:

---

Hi,

For the last few days Spotify connect has started randomly pausing when playing on my Yamaha RX-V483 AV receiver. Firrmware version 1.28 and using Spotify connect from OS X, app version 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78 or iOS 8.4.51.696.

Playback on the app itself is fine. The Yamaha unit has a wired LAN connection, and I can observe from the traffic monitor on my router that it just stops streaming audio at random. It has been flawless forever until ~3 May.

On twitter @spotifycares advised me to try logging out and in of all devices, and they also 'reset my offline cache' which didn't help.

Others on twitter seem to be having similar issues, e.g: https://twitter.com/hydroxyde/status/992415130511118337

https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares/status/992696323064418305

The latest response from @spotifycares is that my amplifier 'no longer supports spotify connect'. It's a bit ridiculous if this is the case. I've received no notice from Spotify or Yamaha.

I'd be interested in hearing from other who are experiencing similar problems.

This needs taking up with Spotify/Yamaha if support has been silently dropped!

271 Replies

Got the same problem with my Yamaha R-803D, which is connected via Wifi.

I can press Pause and Play on my Spotify to resume playing or alternatively skip a song on the Yamaha Remote.

I also have this problem along with another serious issue: When playing a shuffled playlist to my networked speakers, Spotify unshuffles the playlist. It sometimes goes back to the beginning, but always starts playing songs in the order they are on the list. It also mangles play when queueing tracks. It happens whether I am playing from my phone (Android) or computer (Mac).

This is on a system with a GGMM E2, E5, and two E3s. It worked fine for about a year before having any of these issues.

Did you find any solution? I have the exact same issue on my zeppelin while with Bluetooth it works

For anyone having trouble with any of the issues in this thread I would suggest doing all the suggestions such as resetting device. If nothing works contact support@spotify.com

My issues with Yamaha receiver and Roberts radio resolved only after contacting Spotify.

I have the exact same problem. Streaming to a Yamaha rxv 483. Lasts for 30-40 seconds, then its paused. E-mailed Spotify about it waiting for a response

I have the same receiver and i cannnot connect Spotify to my system via MusicCast. They are updated and firmware upgraded and on the same wifi 2,4 ghz. My system appears in the list of devices on the Spotify but i cannot connect them. I'm using a galaxy s9+ on Android Oreo.

I contacted the support as well: no solution! After three times answering questions on my devices firmware versions, that I already sent, I quit answering. After all, I didn’t receive any solution. 😟

Spotifycares responded to me that YAMAHA R-N803D is not suported by this app yet and to keep an eye on the new updates.

Not according to Yamaha: https://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/audio_visual/hifi_components/r-n803d/index.html

I'd go back to Spotify and point this out.

Received this -We don't have any info on this right now, but we'll let the right team know it's something you'd like to see.

Just replied to them.

Same issue with me....Spotify is disconnecting with my Yamaha RX v683 ....at time it plays for few seconds and disconnects ...at times disconnects after 15-20 minutes....airplay does not have these issues....I think I need to go back to Apple Music...sadly I was exited to have Spotify in India...

Now it appears on the MusicCast interface the message that i need to have a premium Spotify account. I am not very sure if it work with premium. I'll try.

Suggested posts