Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect Broken: Randomly Pausing (Yamaha AVR, Gramofon, Panasonic, Samsung and others...)

Spotify Connect Broken: Randomly Pausing (Yamaha AVR, Gramofon, Panasonic, Samsung and others...)

Edited 8 May 2018 (original post below).

On ~3rd May Spotify Connect started randomly pausing (in my case on Yamaha hardware) on a range of devices - rendering their Spotify capbility unusuable.

We've since established that this is a problem affecting lots of devices from lots of manufacturers: which all points to something in the Spotify platform itself being at fault.

We do seem to be getting somewhere with recent reports that Spotify support and manufacturers are looking into this....

What you can do right now:

-Continue to tweet Spotify support if you're experiencing this - let them know the scale of the problem.

-Please continue to add updates to this thread.

-Tag your affected device in your post to associate it with this thread.

-Contact your device manufacturer to let them know.

Original post:

---

Hi,

For the last few days Spotify connect has started randomly pausing when playing on my Yamaha RX-V483 AV receiver. Firrmware version 1.28 and using Spotify connect from OS X, app version 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78 or iOS 8.4.51.696.

Playback on the app itself is fine. The Yamaha unit has a wired LAN connection, and I can observe from the traffic monitor on my router that it just stops streaming audio at random. It has been flawless forever until ~3 May.

On twitter @spotifycares advised me to try logging out and in of all devices, and they also 'reset my offline cache' which didn't help.

Others on twitter seem to be having similar issues, e.g: https://twitter.com/hydroxyde/status/992415130511118337

https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares/status/992696323064418305

The latest response from @spotifycares is that my amplifier 'no longer supports spotify connect'. It's a bit ridiculous if this is the case. I've received no notice from Spotify or Yamaha.

I'd be interested in hearing from other who are experiencing similar problems.

This needs taking up with Spotify/Yamaha if support has been silently dropped!

271 Replies

Still the same with my RX-V679. I thought they fixed it after some songs played well. Then again: Song stops, no restart possible, pauses immediately. So annoying...

I‘ve got the same problem with randomly pausing songs in Spotify with an Yamaha RX-A870 without having changed anything. This bug is really annoying and has to be fixed really quickly by Spotify.

Hey Guys,

I also have this Problem with my Yamaha Receiver RX-V483. I already read from other pages that Spotify has problems with their servers. Actually I'm not quite sure if this only Spotify's problem, but Yamaha's too. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Anyway, there's no email address or something to contact them. Or do you guys know something?

My problems started 2 weeks before with the broken coonection to my Yamaha RV681 which is connected via wired LAN to my FritzBox. I thinke that the RV681 isn't on the list of 'not supported devices'.

I then did an updated of the Spotify App on my Windows PC and my Android tablet and i also updated the receivers firmware to the latest version 1.32.

I wasn't at home for the last 2 days and yesterday i realized that the RV681 isn't shown at all in the list of devices in the Spotify App. If i start the Spotify Apps on the PC and on the tablet i see the PC in the Android App and vice versa.

I tried all the things that are posted in different threads (reset, Google DNS entries, .....) but nothing worked so far.

I have my Spotify premium account mainly to listen music at home via my amplifier. 

Dos anybody know if we have chance that the problems will be solved in the near future ?

My Yamaha receiver disappeared from the devices lists too. Try turning it off and on. With the power plug, don't just use the standby on/off button. Maybe that would help.

I actually re-installed the Yamaha firmware. The device reappears in the list now. Only on the pc at first. After starting to play music on the Yamaha using the pc app, the device appeared in the Android app too.

I have a Yamaha crx n470d. I've had the problem for several days now.

Does Spotify ever respond to this forum as its seems to be a major issue?

Hi JanPieter,

YES: my RV681 appears in the list of devices again after plugging out and in again.

THANK YOU !!!!

I now have to check if the music stream still breaks after some time.........

I have my Yamaha WXC-50 for to weeks  now, one without problems  and the last 7 days unusable. I think they will fix It someday, but in the meantime i try Deezer and Qobuz. When this Starts to cost  money, i will have to change .....

same problem here for days now. Devices: RX-V479 and two WX-030. Sometimes it stops right after 5 seconds, sometimes after a couple of songs. Then it works for half an hour or hour and breaks constantly again after that. 

All devices on newest firmware.

It doesn't matter if I use the iOS app, macOS app or Win 10 app. It's not related to that. Must be on the Spotify backend...

Same issues here, was glad to find this thread !

I am using my Onkyo TX-NR616, latest firmware... been fine for a long time... now stops in the middle of things, with devices like iPhone or iPad still indicating something is playing...

By the looks, with the amount of devices mentioned here this is a generic issue that can be solved on the Spotify backend.

I have the same issue, it happens constantly since about 10 days

the fun is Sotify does not care at all, they must be awesome crazy, ate some staws must have

maybe spotify is some bot, no humans?

I think we can do nothing, spotify is no player for us, spotify asks us to not pay them anymore

Got a reply 15 mins ago suggesting they have now fixed the issue:

https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares/status/994524934125838336?s=09

Unfortunately I'm not at home so can't check my device until this evening

Thats cool, but nothing to say what they did or what the problem was.

Nope, still not fixed.

that is not true, problem still persists, I have just checked and after about 2 minutes playback stopped as usually in modern Sotify

Spotify will have to give milions of dollars back to their customer due to breach of contract, they are obliged by EU law

I was runing through our nuvo unit at work and it dropped paused less that 30 seconds after playing.

Testing on rx-a1060/musiccast at the moment and seems stable for now.

Will report back...

After days now it seems to work again...

My solution (apparently):
Yesterday I forced my Yamaha RXV-483 firmare update directly from the receiver not from the phone app, it did all necessary operations then I restarted it. After this I delected and then re-connected the receiver from the MusicCast app device list.

Now it seems to work again with no interruptions, I have other five WX-030 speakers in my home configuration and everything work fine (at the moment...).

For your information, using Deezer in these days everything has always worked perfectly without interruptions and with a better sound quality.

I’m still experiencing this problem on my Devialet Pantom speakers. They stream internet radio without any problems, but Spotify drops out randomly all the time. 

So, NuVo still dropping/pausing. Not fixed.

Been running it through our RXA1060 at work for ten minutes so far with no issues.

Fingers crossed. Any of you with nuvo products, please post your experiences from/after today. I am in touch with Nuvo/Legrand tech as I work for a CI distributor and am liasing with them on this.

Thanks. 😉

Nope, got 20 minutes then paused. Imediately paused every time I press play.

Suggested posts