NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect Randomly Pausing on Yamaha AVR - AGAIN

Spotify Connect Randomly Pausing on Yamaha AVR - AGAIN

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

(Yamaha RX-V581, iPhone 6s, Macbook Pro mid 2012, )

Operating System

(iOS 13.3, macOS 10.14.6)

Yamaha RX-V581 AV-Receiver with MusicCast (firmware up-to-date)

My Question or Issue

Same stuff like in the old, long thread. After a while, Connect stops playing the music and cannot be restarted (it works again after several minutes). Meanwhile the music can still be played with the devices.

AGAIN: really frustrating 😞

21 Replies

I would just like to add that I'm experiencing exactly the same issue (like so many others according to the old threads).

It is really frustrating and after so long now it's hard to believe that it hasn't been addressed yet.

I'm not ready to jump ship yet but it has piqued my interest in other streaming services.

Same problem here on my yamaha wxc-50 and my Rx-a850. But for me this started just last week, and there have been no firmware updates for my recivers in months, so I don't think that would be the problem.

Hey folks,

Apologies for the late reply!

Can you confirm that you're still experiencing this issue?

If so, do you mind providing us with the following info:

• Yamaha device model
  • Source device(s) + OS version
  • Exact Spotify version on each device?

In addition, could you provide us with the steps to reproduce this issue on your Yamaha device?

Thanks - keep us posted!

Hi Peter,

since a few weeks, this issue doesn't appear. If I remember right, there have been several updates from Spotify the last weeks.

If it's helpful for you, the firmware of my Yamaha RX-V581 (AV Controler App) is version 5.51, build 1879.

Regards

Hi Peter,

Thank you for offering help! I'm currently experiencing this issue on the following setup:

Yamaha CRX-N470D, firmware v. 02.14 (latest to date)

Source devices:

iPhone 8, iOS 13.3.1, Spotify 8.5.49.1123

MacBook Pro 15" Early 2011, macOS 10.13.6, Spotify 1.1.28.721.g5b5ee660

MacBook Pro 15" 2019, macOS 10.15.3, Spotify 1.1.28.721.g5b5ee660

I hope this will help identify the issue, as it's really annoying.

The mess is back. Starting some hours ago. 😡

Same device as described before.

Would like to echo here that I just started experiencing this issue a couple hours ago as well, would love to see an update from Spotify

EDIT: Here is the device info, Yamaha RX-V683 AV Receiver, has worked flawlessly with Spotify for at least a month since I initially set it up. Running System Version 2.70 (1814) and API Version 2.04

Hi,

Experience the same problem since this weekend, getting crazy, same

problem appears on the Android or Linux application.

= Yamaha wxc-50  firmware 2.65

- Linux version 1.1.26.501.gbe11e53b-15

- Android version 8.5.71.723

wxa-50 is working perfectly with all other type of connections, but it stops more or less after 10/15 minutes when I'm connected to spotify.

Interest thing to notice, it works OK with my old Chromecast Audio when MusicCast stops working.

Please FIX IT !!!!

Can confirm this issue is occurring again after being fixed for about a month. 

I have the same receiver with same firmware version and this star happening some days ago and happens all the time.

Same here, for about a week, on Yamaha RX-V579. Never had issues before. Very disappointing.

Same problem on a Pioneer VSX-1130 for the past day or two.

An interesting thing happened to me today, not sure if problem is fixed but:

I only used  de web application provided by de Yamaha wxc-50,  not the MusicCast application for Android,  and the Linux Spotify version in my computer, and never use nor start de Android Spotify version  and everything went back to normal, no interruptions.

I will not try Android application meanwhile, don't want to break it again,

although, of course, this might not be the cause.

Hope this helps someway

Hey there folks,

Thanks for posting in the Community! 

If you're having trouble with Connect, causing your speaker systems to drop off with regularity, there are a few points to go through that might help solve the issue:

• Check here if your speaker/device is compatible with Connect
  • Perform a quick reinstall and restart both devices
  • Make sure the Spotify version and device firmware are up to date
  • Make sure both devices are on the same WiFi network
  • Try restarting your router to see if that makes a difference
  • Try reducing wireless interference - Check out the support sites for the service provider/manufacturer for help

If all of the above checks out, you may wish to set static IP addresses to the devices on your speaker system, as some routers have an issue maintaining a connection with devices that remain on the home network. For information on how to do this, check out the literature supplied with your router or get in touch with your internet service provider for further assistance.

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if you need help with anything else.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for your response, but:

1 - Followed all of your instructions, before you send them :-), and still the problem was there.

2 - Although my appliance is not listed, there is another Yamaha not the same model but I can imagine that is ok.

3 - This worked OK for months, since I bought the wxa-50 without any trouble

I'm still using the Desktop application (Linux), not the Android one, it's working ok this way, and do not want to mess things using Android version.

I promise to recheck during the weekend with the Android application and see if now it is working ok.

Thanks anyway.

In my case, problem seems to have disappeared a few days after my post.

Definitely seems like a problem with the service on Spotify's side.

I checked during the weekend and seems it is back to work using Android application too.

Not sure if someone has done something regarding this, or its just good luck, but thanks anyhow to whoever look at this.

Hope it is my last post on this :-),  now music quality is the topic

thanks

Hi Peter
- IOS 14 iPhone 11 doesn't see Yamaha CRX-N560 from spotify
- IOS 14 iPhone 11 see Yamaha CRX-N560 using Yamaha App
- Windows 10 and Android(Moto, Samsung table) see Yamaha CRX-N560 without issues
- I have original Yamaha AP and have tried with other wifi receivers
- Router ASUC AC-88U
I have tried clean install Spotify apps several times as usually its recommended here.

Check your network settings in the web control panel, mine seemed to have changed to "EXTEND 1" for some reason.

EDIT - it worked for a fair but longer but still stopped

Suggested posts