Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Crashing after Launch macOS Catalina

Spotify Crashing after Launch macOS Catalina

Plan: Premium

Device: Macbook Pro 2017

Operating System: macOS Catalina 10.15

My Question or Issue

My Spotify launches for a second and then crashes, I have tried everything - clearing Spotify cache and deleting and doing a clean reinstall and it is still happening, Was wondering if I could get some help, please. Its been happening for a week, and it's disappointing to not be able to access my Spotify. It works on my phone perfectly fine. 

3 Replies

Hey there @itsnotnice,

Thanks posting here in the Community! We'll gladly help you out.

A reinstall is the logical first step with such issues, so good job there! However there might still be some leftover files. Could you try again using these steps for a clean reinstall?

If that doesn't fix things, try opening our WebPlayer on your Macbook and let us know if it behaves correctly.

Hope you find this useful! Keep us posted and let us know how you get on.

Hey @peter,

Thanks for the quick response, web Spotify works I will try the clean instructions and update you. 

Best,

I've been having the exact same issue for over 2 months now. I've tried a regular reinstall (several times) as well as a "clean" install per your instructions (twice) - nothing fixes the issue. Running macOS Catalina (10.15.6). Tried the WebPlayer and that works for now. Thanks.

Suggested posts